Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen ness fairing question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:11 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,204 Likes on 3,378 Posts

Gartec, looks friggin' bueno since you adjusted it, brother!

Old 09-14-2016, 09:30 AM
07superG
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gartec81
Here is one for sale right now that will fit your front end. Notice the height it's mounted vs how I went with mine

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ness-49mm.html

ahh I see! What's the difference between the one from southeast customs and the one you get from say revzilla, or jp cycles? Cause I found it on both those sites for $250. And on Amazon for $200. So unless there's a difference I'll probably just get one on Amazon!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:17 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

There is a difference

I bought southeast like the link I sent

One from jp or revzilla does not come pre cut in the places needed in order to mount it to your front end properly. And it will not come with any mounting hardware and no mounting holes

Southeast is the best deal. It's pre fabricated from there shop to fit right the first time and has all hardware needed to mount it high or low

If you try and save money going with revzilla and miss cut your fairing that it will not look right.

If you do go that route I can post pics of how they cut mine to fit so you can try to mimic the cuts, But it still does not help you with the needed hardware for a really clean installed look

Old 09-14-2016, 10:20 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Gartec, looks friggin' bueno since you adjusted it, brother!
Thanks man 👊🏻. I'm having troubles not looking at it parked outside

Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 AM
07superG
Advanced

There is a difference

One from jp or revzilla does not come pre cut in the places needed in order to mount it to your front end properly. And it will not come with any mounting hardware and no mounting holes

Southeast is the best deal. It's pre fabricated from there shop to fit right the first time and has all hardware needed to mount it high or low

If you try and save money going with revzilla and miss cut your fairing that it will not look right.

If you do go that route I can post pics of how they cut mine to fit so you can try to mimic the cuts, But it still does not help you with the needed hardware for a really clean installed look
ok makes sense. Glad I asked, I will end up getting the southeast customs one then. Worth paying the extra money to have it fit right, right away.

Thanks again!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:03 PM
ALstew
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, thanks for the info. I've been debating with what fairing to go with. This was really helpful

Old 09-14-2016, 04:22 PM
kyleMB
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 07superG
ok makes sense. Glad I asked, I will end up getting the southeast customs one then. Worth paying the extra money to have it fit right, right away.

Thanks again!
I accept PayPal

Old 09-14-2016, 07:16 PM
07superG
Advanced

Originally Posted by kyleMB
I accept PayPal
Lol, if I had the funds I would take you up on that. Unfortunately I don't right now after just buying the bike.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:20 PM
07superG
Advanced

There is a difference

So, new information that I just figured out after spending the last two hours bonding with my bike. After studying the bars in detail, turns out they are not T bars. They are risers with bars on top. Not sure how I missed that in the first place. But anyhow, that would mean I have what, 9 1/2" risers? Will the fairing still look ok with it. I took some pictures hoping someone can identify the bars since I'm an idiot.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:23 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

The only issues I could see is that when turning, Your turn signals may hit the windscreen so you might want to relocate those to a different spot

Quick Reply: Arlen ness fairing question