Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power/torque loss?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:20 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

Just another reason not to wear shorts while riding.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM
therick04pp
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 103bob
you can start by popping your seat off and looking under it. A lot of tuners are routed there.
I checked and didn't see one under there. Some room to add one though, just saying..

Old 09-16-2016, 03:22 PM
therick04pp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nevil
Just another reason not to wear shorts while riding.
Yeap. I was wearing Carhart jeans!! Not a cold chance in hell I would ever even try it now.. Lmao

Old 10-23-2016, 05:04 PM
therick04pp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DK Custom

Once you get whatever it is straightened out, look at installing an External Breather System (EBS) to keep your intake and combustion chambers clean and functioning optimally.
I was looking at picking up one of these (oil keeps dripping slightly from under air cleaner). I wanted the black anodized bolt style breather. I am not sure if it will work on my bike. My current set up, the air cleaner would cover just a portion of the bolts.

Here is a pic of what I have (10' FXDB):

Will those work with this?

Old 10-23-2016, 07:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,226 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Originally Posted by therick04pp
I was looking at picking up one of these (oil keeps dripping slightly from under air cleaner). I wanted the black anodized bolt style breather. I am not sure if it will work on my bike. My current set up, the air cleaner would cover just a portion of the bolts.

Here is a pic of what I have (10' FXDB):

Will those work with this?
The Outlaw Breather Bolts will not work with your set-up.

For your particular set-up, either of the DIY Head Breather Systems at this LINK will work.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 AM
therick04pp
Intermediate

Thanks, ill check them out.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
therick04pp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DK Custom
The Outlaw Breather Bolts will not work with your set-up.

For your particular set-up, either of the DIY Head Breather Systems at this LINK will work.
I see in the pics of the DIY kits, there are shiny bolts where my black rubber "oily air routers" are but I dont see anything in the kit to take their place. Do I just leave them in place?

Old 11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

If I understand your question right, you are talking about the banjo bolts. If so, those can generally be re-used.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:36 PM
therick04pp
Intermediate

I think so. In the pics of my set up, the "mickey ears" on my mounting plate, have the black rubber grommets that route the crud back into the engine. In the picks of the DIY kit, I see shiny bolts where my grommets are, but nothing in the pix of the kit that look like them. I really do not want to drill into my mounting plate to fit something to fix this, but I am also really tired of oil dripping out on my exhaust.

I am also trying to figure out (if the bolts allow oil to pass straight through and through those rubber grommets), why I would need to drill holes in the mounting plate. I mean, if the existing bolts are hollow, then why couldn't I just attach the hose the end of those bolts after removing the grommets? I am just astonished that they dont have a kit to fix this, that is just "plug and play" where drilling into my mount plate is not required.

Maybe I am overthinking this, but I know I am sick of the drip.. Haha

Last edited by therick04pp; 11-06-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:27 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,226 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Originally Posted by therick04pp
I think so. In the pics of my set up, the "mickey ears" on my mounting plate, have the black rubber grommets that route the crud back into the engine. In the picks of the DIY kit, I see shiny bolts where my grommets are, but nothing in the pix of the kit that look like them. I really do not want to drill into my mounting plate to fit something to fix this, but I am also really tired of oil dripping out on my exhaust.

I am also trying to figure out (if the bolts allow oil to pass straight through and through those rubber grommets), why I would need to drill holes in the mounting plate. I mean, if the existing bolts are hollow, then why couldn't I just attach the hose the end of those bolts after removing the grommets? I am just astonished that they dont have a kit to fix this, that is just "plug and play" where drilling into my mount plate is not required.

Maybe I am overthinking this, but I know I am sick of the drip.. Haha
Yes, you can leave those in place, or you can get some chrome or black plugs to fancy it up a bit.

There is not a good plug-n-play EBS for that particular air cleaner. It is a poorly designed Air Cleaner (EPA inspired).

There is a plug-n-play that will work, but most don't like it because it involves removing those two black grommets and have a hose coming out the end of each of the bolts. If you had a larger cover, like the football cover, then it is a non-issue because it is covered.

Here is a LINK to the PnP kit.

It would look a little bit like this, but the hoses would be pointed down instead of toward each other.

Of course, the other solution is to get a purpose made performance Air Cleaner, that is designed to have an External Breather System.

You can see the 587's HERE, the 606's HERE and the 636v HERE.

The following users liked this post:
therick04pp (11-06-2016)

Quick Reply: power/torque loss?