Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet aftermarket exhaust for low rider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 02:24 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Quiet aftermarket exhaust for low rider S

So I'm looking to get the exhaust upgraded for the power, tone, and to make it maybe a TAD louder.....I had loud exhaust on my last bike for a decade though and I'm done with that. Anyone have one that will work on the Low Rider that isn't stupid loud but can still give that better performance and tone? I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't louder at all!

Old 09-03-2016, 02:57 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Easy peasy, either Supertrapp Supermeg or for a little more the Fuelmoto dyna E series. Love my supertrapp but if I were buying right now it would probably be the FM just for the dual 02 sensors

Last edited by robbyville; 09-03-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:12 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Thanks for the quick response. I'll check those out. I have no California emissions (though I live there) so I'll have to see what my exhaust currently has for O2 and smog in general

Old 09-03-2016, 03:21 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,742 Likes on 3,105 Posts

You can always get the Supertrapp made "Nightstick."
It's volume is tunable via the number of diffuser disks.
It's what I have on my FXDL NOW.
Flows a decent amount of gasses as compared to the stock can. Fitment is 100%.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:08 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Thanks. I will check it out.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:34 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
You can always get the Supertrapp made "Nightstick."
It's volume is tunable via the number of diffuser disks.
It's what I have on my FXDL NOW.
Flows a decent amount of gasses as compared to the stock can. Fitment is 100%.
Is it just a slip on that you are talking about? And if so, will I still see a good performance upgrade as long as I get a tune with it?

Old 09-03-2016, 07:53 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,742 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Is it just a slip on that you are talking about? And if so, will I still see a good performance upgrade as long as I get a tune with it?
Yes, just a slip-on.

If you get a "custom tune" you'll get add'l hp/tq over the stock EPA compliant tune. Regardless if you have the stock air cleaner, or stock exhaust, you may see an increase in hp/tq. over 100% stock.
However~ you may notice more heat coming from the cat-con as the add'l fuel vapor will need to be burnt. Now, if you don't have a cat-con, then you may notice less heat from the engine/exhaust system as a "lean" running gasoline engine runs hotter than an engine with a rich or correct tune. A correct tune may also reduce your fuel tank range.

The slip-on, by itself, won't likely give you a large performance boost. In fact, the change may be negligible. It will give you more sound though.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:16 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Ok. Cool. My engine IS definitely lean. Get a back fire every now and then. I like your idea.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:34 PM
jz78817
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 168 Posts

Low Rider S has the same exhaust system as the Fat Bob and Wide Glide. so any thing which fits those two should fit the FXDLS.

Ok. Cool. My engine IS definitely lean. Get a back fire every now and then. I like your idea.
honestly I don't think that means much. when I bought my Switchback, the salesdude threw in the Screaming Eagle Nightstick (50 state legal, no tune required.) I put it on, and it popped on deceleration. I added some discs from Supertrapp, it popped on decel (but no worse.) finally, I installed the Vance & Hines Twin Slash slip on, and it pops on decel about the same. as far as I can tell, these things all pop on decel, it's just the factory exhaust makes sure you don't hear it. if you're running outside of what the PCM can manage, your bike will throw a Check Engine light.

Last edited by jz78817; 09-03-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
So I'm looking to get the exhaust upgraded for the power, tone, and to make it maybe a TAD louder.....I had loud exhaust on my last bike for a decade though and I'm done with that. Anyone have one that will work on the Low Rider that isn't stupid loud but can still give that better performance and tone? I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't louder at all!
I just put the Fuel Moto E-Series Dyna 2 to 1 on my 2015 FXDL. It has a deep grumble at idle and opens up nice on acceleration. Not overly loud by any means. But, much, much better sound than stock. I took off the end cap to see if I get loud, but still too quiet for me. I like to run straight pipes! I may take it off and go with another. Have about 25 miles on it. If you're interested I'm on the OC/LA county line. Could meet you at Cooks or somewhere so you can hear it. THe only difference between the FXDL and FXDLS is the mounting bracket needs to be ground down a little to clear the round master cylinder of the FXDLS.

Quick Reply: Quiet aftermarket exhaust for low rider S