Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet aftermarket exhaust for low rider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:38 AM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake911
I just put the Fuel Moto E-Series Dyna 2 to 1 on my 2015 FXDL. It has a deep grumble at idle and opens up nice on acceleration. Not overly loud by any means. But, much, much better sound than stock. I took off the end cap to see if I get loud, but still too quiet for me. I like to run straight pipes! I may take it off and go with another. Have about 25 miles on it. If you're interested I'm on the OC/LA county line. Could meet you at Cooks or somewhere so you can hear it. THe only difference between the FXDL and FXDLS is the mounting bracket needs to be ground down a little to clear the round master cylinder of the FXDLS.
Is this the one you have?

Attached Thumbnails Quiet aftermarket exhaust for low rider S-photo347.jpg  
Old 09-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Is this the one you have?

Yes. Here it is.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:09 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

That looks good. Let me google that location you were talking about.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:11 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain

Haha I thought cooks was a city or something!! While I've been stationed in San Diego over two years now, I haven't spent a lot of actual time in the area.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:54 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,742 Likes on 3,105 Posts

"Cook's Corner" is THE biker's hangout in Orange County. Skip their "all you can eat" spaghetti dinner on Wed night though. It used to be $2. They have live bands there. Sat or Sunday's are "going off" there. You never know who you'll have a beer with...(whoopsie, I meant lemonade!)

Old 09-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

WH! T-Type, after riding some miles and auto tune with the PV, I'm going to keep the exhaust. Lots of power. I'd recommend it for power and a tame sound. It's a little better with the end cap off, but I'm not setting off too many car alarms.

I'll never get a TC to sound like my Evo and I have come to accept that. Still a blast!

The following users liked this post:
huggies (01-20-2017)
Old 09-05-2016, 08:10 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i have the stock head pipe on my 14 lowrider with a night stick and PV and fuel moto air cleaner. It is super quite. I ran it that way for a while then wanted more sound so the next thing a tried was removing the cat, i just drilled it out and came out really clean too. Anyway the bike sounds a lot better, still a fraction of my last bike but i have grown to like the sound. The biggest thing about the cat being gone is the bike runs totally different with the throttle wide open, it is much better. normal riding it feels basically the same.

I used the power vision on auto tune a few sessions after de catting the pipe and i think it helped alot.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:01 AM
Ohboi707
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What did you end up with?

I'm in the same situation as you. My S is only at 250 miles so i got a little time to do my research. So Farr Supper Trapp an Fuel Moto seem to be the leaders. The fuel moto does seem a little bit louder. If you can, Pls let me know what you ended up with and maybe a sound clip or a link to youtube with your sound clip. Also if anyone one else has any input, that would help.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:40 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

The nice thing about either the supertrapp or the Fuel Moto is that you can adjust for performance and sound via adding or subtracting discs. Pretty neat system. If I were buying now I'd probably go with the FM since it comes with dual O2 bungs so a little more versatile for tuning. When I got my tune done we had to drill inserts for the larger bungs used.

If you need a PV Fuel Moto generally has bundling packages to include exhaust and tuner with lifetime map support

Old 01-18-2017, 08:46 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,686 Likes on 2,119 Posts

recently installed a supertrapp supermeg on my FXDL, used 18 discs to start, was a bit apprehensive when pushing the start button as worried would be quite loud. contrary, had a nice deep tone, slightly more sound than stock. makes a bit of roar when getting on it, but still has a very reasonable DB level that will not annoy anyone. would have liked the FM E series, but have saddle bags and the E series is too high at the outlet end. Did purchase the exhaust along with a power vision from Fuel Moto, they are great to deal with.

Quick Reply: Quiet aftermarket exhaust for low rider S