Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air ride front end?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 05:51 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air ride front end?

Does anybody have any ideas on how to install air ride on the front of a dyna. I've got a street bob, going to be putting a 23 on the front and was thinking of installing front and rear air ride while I'm at it. I've looked everywhere and cannot find any info. I've seen hydraulic adjustable suspension, but I would rather do air. I would think it would work the same as adding air to a bagger, but tried to find parts diagramsof bagger front ends to compare to dynas but can't find any. You guys have any experience or ideas with this? Also, does anybody know if riding on air would effect handling drastically or not? I would assume not because air acts like a progressive spring when set to a desired pressure, so I would think that it would still handle the same as a progressive wound spring.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:00 PM
checkster2000
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Subscribing

Old 08-15-2016, 09:00 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

If you're concerned about handling why are you putting a 23" wheel on the front?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 AM
blacked out bob
Intermediate

Thanks for you unhelpful, unrelated question. It's much appreciated. I know how big wheels handle, I don't know how air handles. Big wheels are manageable, they are a bit slow, but I don't see that as a negative thing because the dyna already handles really well and quick at that. I specifically asked if anybody has experience with air, since I have none. I want to make sure it has a decent enough ride and handling to be bearable. The 23 will not make or break my bike, but the air might. That's why I asked that exact question, not asking about the wheel.

Now, does anybody have any info instead of rediculous, unnecessary questions designed to smart assedly mock me? Or should I just say fūçk it and forget about this forum?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:21 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by blacked out bob

Now, does anybody have any info instead of rediculous, unnecessary questions designed to smart assedly mock me? Or should I just say fūçk it and forget about this forum?
Calm down Francis. Someone probably has some good info for you. Or try your luck with another forum.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

Wow. Throttle back, man. If you thought that was a smart-assed question designed to humiliate and embarass, you must be very thin skinned. Now maybe it was a half baked question, but at the time I was fully baked and I was curious about your priorities.

The following users liked this post:
soft 02 (08-16-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 01:19 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate

Yes, I went Francis rage on it cuz I'm at work, was on a much needed break, and getting a question unrelated to the one I was asking. Sure, maybe it appears that I have thin skin from this, but if your half baked question asked while fully baked is excusable, then my retort should be excusable due to the fact that the response I received was not even the question I asked. I don't have time or energy or the mental stability currently to be mocked based on what I would like my bike to turn out to be in the end. I just want to know if anybody has any info on air ride, where to get it, and how it handles compared to stock or aftermarket springs. I'm not here to be ridiculed because I want a 23 up front. Might not be your style. Heck, it might not be mine. But I'm gonna to try it.

Now, back to the original question. Does anybody have any helpful info about air ride pertaining to the points affor mentioned in this post? Help would be much appreciated.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:27 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate

Oh, and ps. The reason I'm going to a 23, aside from the look, is because my rear spikes loosen up on my constantly, even after paying professionals to try to fix them. I don't know if it's because of the power in my bike, that I like to push it, or just terrible roads around here, but more than likely it is a combo of all 3. I'm sick of dealing with it, has happened many times during the season for the last 2 years and I'm sick and tired of the dang wobbles coming out of no where. So, my fix is gong to be going to solid wheels instead of spokes. So, if I'm going to do the rear, I might as well do the front so it looks right. And if I'm going to spend good money on a 19 inch rim to replace the stock sized front, I might as well spend just a smidget more and get a 23 so I can stand out and it will look good. It won't affect the handle much, so I am not that worried about it. If anything, it will make the bumps in the road less noticeable and will help reduce how much I chase cracks in the road. So, that is why I am going to a 23.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I wasn't aware you could get front air ride for Dynas.
Do you know it's out there but can't find info or you don't know if it exists?

Old 08-16-2016, 03:59 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate

Oh, and ps. The reason I'm going to a 23, aside from the look, is because my rear spikes loosen up on my constantly, even after paying professionals to try to fix them. I don't know if it's because of the power in my bike, that I like to push it, or just terrible roads around here, but more than likely it is a combo of all 3. I'm sick of dealing with it, has happened many times during the season for the last 2 years and I'm sick and tired of the dang wobbles coming out of no where. So, my fix is gong to be going to solid wheels instead of spokes. So, if I'm going to do the rear, I might as well do the front so it looks right. And if I'm going to spend good money on a 19 inch rim to replace the stock sized front, I might as well spend just a smidget more and get a 23 so I can stand out and it will look good. It won't affect the handle much, so I am not that worried about it. If anything, it will make the bumps in the road less noticeable and will help reduce how much I chase cracks in the road. So, that is why I am going to a 23.

Quick Reply: Air ride front end?