Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016 | 05:28 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
You have a Wide Glide so I suspect you understand this; the Wide Glide isn't easy to ride. She's a harsh mistress, that's part of her charm. She's demanding, insistent, and expects exactness when you push her. I get more satisfaction riding my Wide Glide through some of the rather twisty roads we've got around here than I ever did from my R1; when you ride a Wide Glide you'd best have your techniques wired tight. The Wide Glide's not for everybody; that's why HD makes the Low Rider...

Seriously? I go to every demo day that every dealer, HD and metric has; I ride everything I can get my hands on; I'm not an HD owner, I'm a motorcyclist that happens to like HD's. The Kawi and Honda dealer know my first name. I ride the hell out of their bikes. I've got a real love for the Ninja 1000 with panniers; I'd never sell my Wide Glide but may just add a Ninja 1000 for those high speed runs I take with the sport bike/sport touring group I ride with...
I think they may have been talking to the OP, Tin...

Old 08-13-2016 | 05:32 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
I think they may have been talking to the OP, Tin...
Well hell, I thought I was getting the unhappy stares for lovin' on the Wide Glide

Oh well... nothing to see here, move along

Old 08-13-2016 | 05:33 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Well hell, I thought I was getting the unhappy stares for lovin' on the Wide Glide

Well maybe that too...

Old 08-13-2016 | 05:39 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Sorry, no, I get the Wide Glide thing. I was asking the OP what he's currently riding.

Old 08-13-2016 | 05:43 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cggorman
Sorry, no, I get the Wide Glide thing. I was asking the OP what he's currently riding.
Yea, I get it... now... Mchad set me straight. I thought you and Ikelove were responding to me; aahhh, the joys of trying to use a forum to communicate. Some days the frequency gets lost

Old 08-13-2016 | 06:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Seriously? I go to every demo day that every dealer, HD and metric has; I ride everything I can get my hands on; I'm not an HD owner, I'm a motorcyclist that happens to like HD's. The Kawi and Honda dealer know my first name. I ride the hell out of their bikes. I've got a real love for the Ninja 1000 with panniers; I'd never sell my Wide Glide but may just add a Ninja 1000 for those high speed runs I take with the sport bike/sport touring group I ride with...
Yea, seriously. My question was to the OP, not you. Not sure why you feel the need to take a question I directed to another person, the OP, and use it as springboard into a soliloquy.

Old 08-13-2016 | 07:06 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Yea, seriously. My question was to the OP, not you. Not sure why you feel the need to take a question I directed to another person, the OP, and use it as springboard into a soliloquy.
What is happening here?
Timeout.... this is forum, not personal conversation. Calm your nerves and cut the grand standing. People will talk... mistake or not ... deal with it or roll out. play nice

Last edited by cvaria; 08-13-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2016 | 10:19 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Word of the day: soliloquy

(Everybody remember what we do when we hear the word of the day?)

Old 08-13-2016 | 10:41 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Originally Posted by cggorman
Word of the day: soliloquy

(Everybody remember what we do when we hear the word of the day?)

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (08-14-2016)
Old 08-13-2016 | 10:53 PM
ripn
Cruiser

Right on man, unless you are dead set on a Fat Bob (nothing wrong with that, if that's what you are into, we don't judge [humor really]). But if not, ride everything in your budget, lots of nice rides out there.
I'm also in the WG corner..damn fun bike to ride.

Quick Reply: New Bike