Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of HD Combo Gauge 70900274

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Simbo
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta get me one of those!

Old 08-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Gauge looks great.

Does anything change to the illumination at night time? Inverted or auto-dim or similar?

Old 08-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Synstars
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
Gauge looks great.

Does anything change to the illumination at night time? Inverted or auto-dim or similar?
Not that I have noticed but I'll try and check this evening. I just got the DK H4 bulb installed and still have to try that put. I'll post later.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:31 AM
Synstars
Cruiser

Gauge looks great.

Hey so been AFK for a few months with school and holidays and wanted to reply to this especially since you replied to my previous messages about seats LoL

The gauge does change colors/illumination from "day to night". Its been super reliable and just plain awesomeness for the price!

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:17 AM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Gauge looks great.

i have the same gauge. it does change for day time. it has a sensor on it, so in the bright light it changes the back light so that you can see the display.

Tall Timber (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 01:05 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

It's a shame HD Doesn't make this standard. You don't see sportbike owners replacing their gauges. They update them every few years.

I guess that's how they continue making money off us. Great write up. On my hit list...but far down my list due to price.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:24 PM
CobraRacer
Cruiser
Received 104 Likes on 40 Posts

I had the speedo/tach on my 2014 Wide Glide and I loved it. Not only does it look better in person, but when you are riding you can easily see exactly how fast you are going.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:41 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Synstars; I'd like an update on the gauges. Did they fog up like the OEM garbage gauges HD installs? I've never had a gauge set that didn't fog up; my '13 was fogged and made reading the RPM's near impossible within 14 months. If your upgrade didn't fog I'm ordering for my '13

Old 02-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Synstars
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Synstars; I'd like an update on the gauges. Did they fog up like the OEM garbage gauges HD installs? I've never had a gauge set that didn't fog up; my '13 was fogged and made reading the RPM's near impossible within 14 months. If your upgrade didn't fog I'm ordering for my '13
Vera, my bike, has been in the garage since November but I will tell you that not once did the lens of the cluster fog. After install of the new gauge I had taken several long trips with variable weather from cold mornings to warm afternoons, fog/mist, rain, etc. The gauge had always been clear for me to see as far as clarity and brightness. Honestly, I have never had a gauge cluster fog on me for any motorcycle but this is my first HD and so far I am SUPER impressed. My stock gauge never fogged up either but I love this new one for the reasons I stated in my original post. If the gauge you have fogs and you want a new-ish one I do have my stock gauge I would sell. However, if you want all the perks that I listed, I highly suggest this gauge or one similar to this one.

Tall Timber (02-16-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:17 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

This is very good to know. I've owned many HD's, and the gauges have always fogged in time; HD finally gave me an RPM digital display on this '13 and I can't even read it I will be buying the gauge set for my '13; different part number from yours, but if it didn't fog, I'm in on it

Quick Reply: Review of HD Combo Gauge 70900274