Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rake and trail question before i spend my $$

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:58 PM
hetkehog
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

pretty sure that is what I also said like fastharley (howard). I do know is if your trail is out of wake, you will be in for a world of **** and probably when it is to late. BE CAREFULL on what you are doing

The following users liked this post:
FastHarley (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 10:11 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Take this for what it's worth, known and unknown numbers used to figure out the trail with the calculator. Maybe FastHarley and his knowledge of this matters can/will confirm any of the info, otherwise its just some info to view and not a guaranteed to be correct for use. The numbers circled in red (all the tree offset) are numbers I could not locate, rather input to achieve the correct trail the stock bike has.

Maybe if FastHarley can confirm these numbers to be for the most part correct, I might have to look into a Wide Glide tree for my bike rather then the Fat Bob tree. Although (based on this) I am +.91" more trail then the stock Street Bob (which is still within the 4"-6" standard), the Wide Glide Tree wit either legs would shorten that trail, but I am not to sure how much I would notice the difference.

As for the OP's question, if these numbers are correct, if you were to add the Wide Glide trees to your ride and use either set of legs and depending on the 21" tire you use, I believe your trail would end up somewhere between 4.63" and 5.06" or -.07" to +.36" from the stock 4.7" trail on a Street Bob or Super Glide.

Again, this is only a speculated reference and everyone should find a certified mechanic to verify everything for correctness.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:34 PM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

It's lowered to 10.5 already, so how much worse can it be??

Originally Posted by FastHarley
For your own good please take your modification plans and read than figure it out for yourself. All of the tools are on my web site. I do this for a living and some of the information that the members are giving you are wrong so figure it out for yourself or pay someone who really knows what they are doing. If there is something wrong you would have some recourse to correct the problem. Here is a hint, without making special one off trees and/or cutting your neck and adjusting your steering head angle, your bike may not ride and track correctly.. If someone telly you that they have done it and the bike rides just fine, do the math and decide for yourself.