Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna legroom VS Softail

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Ponyracer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna legroom VS Softail

I have a 04 nightrain and I'm a little cramped (I'm 6'4) I've been told that the dyna wide glide is more for us taller people. I need to know the seat to peg distance on a newer wide glide if possible. Say one from the front of the seat to the pegs and one from the rear of the seat where it just turns from horizontal to vertical. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
joe_and_jeep
4th Gear
Default RE: Dyna legroom VS Softail

I have the Arlen Ness extended forward controls on my Softail and very comfortable. For about $300 it was well worth it.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Ponyracer
Advanced

I'm 4.5" over on the forward controls and there still to short, not to mention they look dumb as hell.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:01 PM
gunz
Cruiser

I am right at 6 foot, i like the look of the softtail without the exposed shocks, but Everytime I sat on one I felt overly big. I had my wife take a picture of me setting on a softtail and a dyna. I look alot more comfortable on the dyna. I rented both and after a very short test drive I confirmed that My long legs were a problem with the lower seat and the closer controls on the softtail. I went back and rented a dyna and wow. Alot better fit. OI now own a dyna wide glide. I am glad i rented before I bought or I would be riding a bike that was very uncomfortable to me.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Hog_fever
Road Captain

Ponyracer,

I have an 05' wideglide and took these measurements for you.

Footpeg to front of seat = 27-1/2"
Footpeg to horizontal and vertical junction = 34"

At this junction the seat back rises up and slopes back an additional 4 1/2". I'm 5'-10" with a 34" inseam and this bike fits me perfect with a slight bend at the knee. I bought this bike because it fit me so well and to my surprise it rides like a cadillac, better than any softail IMO. Hope this helps...

Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Ponyracer
Advanced

Thanks for the measurements, I off to the garage to measure my train!!

Old 10-05-2005, 08:09 AM
intruder400ex
Road Captain

Pony
the two bikes are both great but the dyna line is definately designed more for comfort appose to the softail line except of course for the fat bay which is hands down designed for comfort especialy when your a larger person. For years before I finally got my harley I always said I was going to buy a night train but when it came time due to the comfort and controll of the dyna line I ended up with the dyna it can be controlled as if it were a smaller bike but yet its still a big twin.

steve

and yes im a bit of a controll freak especialy living on Long Island the traffic can be dangerouse and thats not including trips into manhatten.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
tl vette
Cruiser

i have a 34 inseam and std forward controls. i feel like i am too close to them. i have heard there are seats that can move you back a couple inches to allow for more room. ever hear of them?
TL

Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
harpoon
Cruiser

Hi All, I am a new owner of a Dyna superglide and have the same compaint about the leg room. I was going to start a new post but then I found this thread.
I am 6.0 ft tall with a 34in inseam and the first time I sat on the supersglide with the mid controls I could not even **** I was so crunched.
I did get the forward controls and still feel they are a bit too close. the problem I have is not as much the foot pegs to rest my feet but where the shifter is on the left and the brake on the right. when my feet are on the pegs the shifter and brake seem too high and I cant just bend my ankle toward the sky to get to the peddle but need to fully lift my legs to get the top of the peddles.. ( does this make sence?) I did figure out that on the Shifter I can adjust this just by unscrewing and moving it down the star like gear to bring the shifter down and more in front. BUT I cant the the HD shop can figure a way to get the brake peddle down anymore.
I really dont feel I am that big of a guy and very suprised I am that uncomfortable. And that special seat I would be very interested in that since i am changing the seat anyway the stock seat on the 2000 superglide is horrible.

Oh and I believe I saw someting about some "extended forward controls" this sounds like it might help as well?

Thanks

Harpoon

Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
ad2
Cruiser

I have an '04 WG with forward controls and I don't have any trouble with them Also about 6' with a 33" inseam.

Quick Reply: Dyna legroom VS Softail