Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibra-Technics mount "replacement bushing"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:03 AM
jcsurf
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Vibra-Technics mount "replacement bushing"

To all the Dyna riders out there that have the Vibra-Technics predator motor mount on their bikes, Have any of you ever disassembled it to see what the actual bushing in it looks like? Mine is not wore out yet, but I was looking at it the other day and thought what would happen if it did wear out? Would I have to buy a whole new mount or is there a bushing out there that could be used to repair it if it did wear out. Just from looking at it from different angles the bushing in it almost looks one I have seen somewhere before, maybe another Harley mount used on a different model perhaps? It might be interesting to see how a harder or a softer rubber, or even a poly bushing might work in it. I'm tempted to take mine apart and see what it looks like.....hmmm. Vibra-Technics doesn't mention anything about a replacement or repair if it wears out. Those thing are enough $$$ already. What do you guys think??

Old 07-26-2016, 01:07 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

I think your going to spend many-many years waiting for it to wear out.
Think about it, If the Vibra-Technics mount could be improved by using a harder/softer or poly bushing wouldn't they be using it already?
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Or re-develop the mount, improve it's characteristics, patent it and then sell the design. I'm sure a guy off the street that's actually using it can out do a bunch of goofy engineers.