Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016 | 09:17 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mchad
Jamie, By any chance do you think your muffler heat shield could fit a Supertrapp Supermeg?
The E-Series heat shield is not going to fit the Supertrapp

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-27-2016 | 10:06 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Oh well, it was worth a question. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2016 | 06:16 PM
slimatsea
Cruiser

Just installed the E series on my S today. I wish I saw this thread first! I would have ground a relief in the bracket before putting it on. I guess I'll be calling on Monday to see about this bracket for the S model reservoir. Other than that, the look and sound of the pipe is just right and as usual my FM map seems dead on.

Old 09-10-2016 | 06:59 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

I made that modification and the exhaust system is working well. I will also suggest you check the torque on the bolts that hold the bracket to the tranny case occasionally. They can work loose, I would suggest blue loctite on them.

Old 09-10-2016 | 11:55 PM
Jake911
Road Captain

I thought I'd throw a pic of my install just because.

I did remove the rear cover on the baffle just to make it a little louder. Still sounds awesome, but not too loud. Still a nice deep tone but bigger.

Just remove all the bolts. It's the last piece. Don't know if the other disks are needed, but they look cool..

Old 09-11-2016 | 05:41 AM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

By removing that closed end cap you have started to remove all the technology that makes the disc system exhaust what it is. If you remove all the discs, you have changed that system into a basic non tunable open pipe. Removing the end cap was akin to adding about 10 discs to it. You removed much of your torque capability. If you remove the discs as well, you might as well just have an open can. It will run real lean and the only thing you MAY have added was at the very top end WOT. If you remove all the discs I strongly suggest you get the bike tuned because you are gonna run real lean. Louder exhaust by no means will be a better performing exhaust. If it's all about the noise for you, just be aware of the negative side...

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 09-11-2016 at 06:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jake911 (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016 | 08:36 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Bike looks great, brother

Old 09-11-2016 | 11:56 AM
Jake911
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
By removing that closed end cap you have started to remove all the technology that makes the disc system exhaust what it is. If you remove all the discs, you have changed that system into a basic non tunable open pipe. Removing the end cap was akin to adding about 10 discs to it. You removed much of your torque capability. If you remove the discs as well, you might as well just have an open can. It will run real lean and the only thing you MAY have added was at the very top end WOT. If you remove all the discs I strongly suggest you get the bike tuned because you are gonna run real lean. Louder exhaust by no means will be a better performing exhaust. If it's all about the noise for you, just be aware of the negative side...
I hear and can appreciate what your saying. I have run the PV autotune a couple times and decel pop ceased and the bike runs great.

More interestingly, here is a pic from Fuel Moto's Dyna 2 into 1 web site clearly showing the end cap removed. So I have to wonder. . .

From the Fuel Moto web site.

Old 09-11-2016 | 12:58 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Are you sure it is actually removed or just painted flat black like I did mine?? You mentioned not only taking off the end cap but also removing all the discs. The first choice is tunable, the second choice of removing the discs entirely is a whole different ball game. It totally defeats the purpose of the disc system. I'm glad you bike is running good for you..

Old 09-11-2016 | 01:40 PM
Jake911
Road Captain

No, I just removed the end cap. Left all the disks. But you have me seriously rethinking taking off the end cap.

BYW Gunnysgt, awesome ride! I purchased by Emoto pipe based a lot on your reviews. I just wanted a little chrome so went with the standard instead of the S.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna