Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016 | 11:42 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

We decided to add the gusset to the exhaust mount in the final stages of production, after fitment & testing was done on the various models. All of the other Dyna models other than the S have more than enough clearance. We are going to build & include a bracket to offset the remote reservoir that will be included for customers with S models in the near future. If anyone has an S and needs a bracket just let us know and we will get one out to you when we get them finished.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Qdog002 (07-25-2016)
Old 07-25-2016 | 11:50 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We decided to add the gusset to the exhaust mount in the final stages of production, after fitment & testing was done on the various models. All of the other Dyna models other than the S have more than enough clearance. We are going to build & include a bracket to offset the remote reservoir that will be included for customers with S models in the near future. If anyone has an S and needs a bracket just let us know and we will get one out to you when we get them finished.

There ya go! Once again, excellent customer service!

Old 07-25-2016 | 12:22 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Yes it is good customer service, I did clearance mine some for that reservoir but I would like to have one of the new brackets you make professionally to replace it if Jamie is willing to send me one. I didn't grind quite enough off mine, it was a guestimite when I did it.

Old 07-25-2016 | 03:00 PM
Jake911
Road Captain

Good to know about the difference between the Standard and the S. I'll post picks of the bracket on my Standard when I get it mounted for reference. Also, add me to the list of one who received amazing FuelMoto customer service.

Old 07-25-2016 | 03:54 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Here is an image noting exhaust mount to master cylinder clearance on non-S models.

Old 07-25-2016 | 04:10 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

OK the other models have the oval style master Cyl. It is MUCH smaller than the round one on my S model. That's why I posted the pics of the same view with my S. As you can see, I don't think it would have mounted up at all without grinding some clearance. While mounting the bracket it popped the cap off the reservoir twice. That pic shows it with the oem stud under the bracket, when I mounted it flush on the tranny like the directions said, it would not mount.

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 07-25-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2016 | 05:30 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Gunny. On, yet off topic question: I noticed that the S doesn't have the typical Dyna pipe clamp bracket for the front pipe. At least mine doesn't - which means my supermeg is attached only at the heads and the muffler. Does your bike have that clamp on the front pipe? The bracket I'm talking about bolts to the motor underside and the clamp is a two piece "P" that clamps around the front pipe where it runs straight back towards the collector.

Last edited by Mchad; 07-25-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-25-2016 | 05:43 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

The OEM clamp was attached by 3 bolts to the tranny case, there was no other clamp for the front pipe. The ESeries clamp is similar to the OEM clamp. It's flat steel rather than cast and longer than the oem. I don't think my Softails had a front clamp either. The touring models all have a clamp below the clutch cover that supports the system and the front pipe

Old 07-25-2016 | 05:52 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
The OEM clamp was attached by 3 bolts to the tranny case, there was no other clamp for the front pipe. The ESeries clamp is similar to the OEM clamp. It's flat steel rather than cast and longer than the oem. I don't think my Softails had a front clamp either. The touring models all have a clamp below the clutch cover that supports the system and the front pipe
Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting too much strain on the small studs on the heads, but I guess that's the way it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-26-2016 | 02:01 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Jamie, By any chance do you think your muffler heat shield could fit a Supertrapp Supermeg?

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna