Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016 | 06:55 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Just saw on the instructions that wrapping the head pipe voids the warranty apparently. I won't be wrapping it I guess. I'll install the remainder of the system tomorrow morning. Anxious to try it out. Downloaded the Propipe map into my FP3, I'll see how it runs with that map then decide to auto tune or not.

The following users liked this post:
woodreaux (02-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2016 | 09:08 AM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Ok got it all mounted up. I can tell you that you need to follow the install instructions to the letter to avoid aggrevation. I decided to mount it using the hardware that came with it, so the stud that I used to space the bracket was removed. I ground some clearance on the gusset at the master cylinder, you can see by the pic that even with that it just about touches the plastic cylinder. Ran the bike with the ProPipe download and it's real close, I will probably auto tune it next week. As for the bag guys, I really can't see an issue unless you are using some really low hangers. Next stop is pulling the wheels and powder coating them Harley Racing orange and outlining the bar and shield on the tank in the same orange over the gold. Not happy with those wheels personally, ain't really gold, more of a camo brown IMHO.

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 07-23-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2016 | 11:32 AM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member

do like that long heat shield, my wife on hot days complains about heat off the muffler.

Old 07-23-2016 | 11:43 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

That's one good looking pipe. Shame about the bracket though. If you don't have a grinder, sounds like you're in trouble huh?

How's it sound?

Old 07-23-2016 | 12:11 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

A file or Dremel tool could be used as well, but I have the tools so it was an easy job to recess it then smoothed it out with a Dremel tool and put a coat of Eastwood High Temp on the bare metal. As for the heatshield, haven't really ridden this one much since I changed the exhaust. It's 96 degrees out and very humid, not a great riding day or auto-tuning day. This Dyna will never see a double seat, bags, or any other two up or touring stuff, that's what my TriGlide is for. This is a total hot rod project. Very well may end up with a 117" kit in the next couple months.

Old 07-23-2016 | 12:31 PM
Jake911
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I decided to mount it using the hardware that came with it, so the stud that I used to space the bracket was removed. I ground some clearance on the gusset at the master cylinder, you can see by the pic that even with that it just about touches the plastic cylinder.
Pipe looks great and so far confirms that I made the right decision. I'll be installing mine in the next week or so. The clearance between the bracket and reservoir is a little too close for me. It looks like it would be touching if you wouldn't have ground the bracket. I'm going to play around with mounting the bracket and/or grinding about .25" more around the reservoir.

Thanks for the update.

Old 07-23-2016 | 12:57 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Yea if I ever have need to pull that muffler, like when I do the wheels, I'll grind a tad more off it, maybe another 1/8" at the high spot. I'll be able to mark it where the extra needs to come off with no guessing. It has a great sound, if you like super loud, get a ThunderHeader, this isn't that darn loud. The one on my RGS performed well and no nasty droning sound at highway speed like my Propipe muffler did.

Old 07-23-2016 | 01:14 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Pipe looks great but I'm definitely in with the "grind more off" bunch, I'd have at least a 1/4" space around that resevoir.

Old 07-23-2016 | 03:06 PM
Jake911
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
It has a great sound, if you like super loud, get a ThunderHeader, this isn't that darn loud.

My hearing is gone for a few hours after riding with my current straight pipes. I was looking for something more subtle. Looks like your running the full 15 disks. I'm planning on starting with 11 or 12 and tune from there. Don't know if the number of discs make a db difference, but it's fun to play around with.

Old 07-23-2016 | 03:20 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Yes, I've had several SuperTrapp exhausts as well as an E series Universal on my RGS using a Propipe head pipe. When you remove discs, you will quiet it down and increase torque, of course just the opposite by adding discs. I find the sound very pleasing at 15 discs, a nice low authoritative rumble and the 110 will be happy. You may well not even have to remove discs at all. I don't think an open end cap is available for this ESeries but on a SuperTrapp, running an open cap vs the closed is akin to adding about 10 more discs to that system. I'm anxious to auto-tune it just to see how detailed of a tune I can get.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna