Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016 | 12:50 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The Pro Pipe for the Dyna's have vertical mounts including the Switchback, the tabs are on the back side of the muffler so the mount is positioned up/down, our E-Series Dyna 2/1 mounts the same way. Our current E-Series universal muffler has horizontal mount for mounting to the saddlebag bracket on FLH models. We will likely offer an E-Series universal for with the vertical mount at some point that would work on Dyna/Softail and others, and may consider building a FLD specific system if demand is high enough.

Here are a couple images:

Pro Pipe

E-Series universal

Thanks for the clarification. Just ordered a V&H ProPipe Quiet Baffle from you guys as an interim solution.

Old 07-20-2016 | 02:19 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattVA
Jamie,

I'd be interested in the FLD system if you kept the length the same. Keep in mind that there's several Dyna guys running FLD boards so it's not just the FLD owners you'd be marketing to. I'm one of them. Maybe it's as simple as offering a spacer to push the right FLD board out enough to clearance the E series exhaust?
Unfortunately the FLD floorboards require a different front primary pipe than the other controls. We were able to incoporate mid, further forward, and forward controls into one design, however the FLD floorboards do not work.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-20-2016 | 03:12 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Jamie, My system is due to be delivered this Friday, I forgot to ask, is there bung plugs with it? Won't need the 18mm probably, will need to plug them up. Anything else I should know about installation that's unique? Would you suggest SE style flat port gaskets or OEM style cone? I've put dozens of systems on dozens of bikes, the Dyna S is Harley number 37 for me.

Old 07-20-2016 | 03:27 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Jamie, My system is due to be delivered this Friday, I forgot to ask, is there bung plugs with it? Won't need the 18mm probably, will need to plug them up. Anything else I should know about installation that's unique? Would you suggest SE style flat port gaskets or OEM style cone? I've put dozens of systems on dozens of bikes, the Dyna S is Harley number 37 for me.
Yes the E-Series 2/1 includes both 12mm & 18mm plugs which allows you to block off the bungs you are not using. Exhaust gaskets are included as well. As far as install it's really straight forward, the only thing to note on the Dyna system as noted in the instructions it is necessary to install the mounting bracket to the muffler before you slide it on the header, you can them get everything aligned and torque everything down. This allowed us to tuck the pipe in tighter for better cornering clearance. Other than that I like to cover the exposed chrome & ceramic coated surfaces with masking tape during the install, I also tape the frame rail by the front primary. This prevents scuffs or scratches to the finishes, it has saved me more than a few times.

The following users liked this post:
Gunnysgt (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016 | 03:59 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for the rocket fast response and great info. Yea stuff happens when working on these bikes it is best to play it safe and cover scratchable areas with tape or whatever. The tight slight upsweep of the pipe is another thing I liked about this system. I may wrap this headpipe rather than use the shields, haven't decided for sure yet.

Old 07-20-2016 | 05:14 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

THIRTY SEVEN???

I hate you

Old 07-20-2016 | 05:59 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member

On the other hand, I think the Propipe sits too low and would be concerned I'd drag that big round muffler. The sound of a muffler against tarmac is one I've heard and find it disturbing. If you would like MrFreeze57, I can measure the distance from the top of the pipe above the swingarm to give you an idea when I get them mounted.
yes, I would like to see it installed on your bike, I have scraped my muffler a couple times, but 1/2in longer shocks seems to have stopped that.

Thank you.

Old 07-20-2016 | 06:04 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You are welcome to post a picture of your bike from the side and I can post some side shots of the E-Series. I believe we will have plenty of clearance for the saddlebags.
this is the best pics I have at this time, thank you for your help. if it looks like will not do, am figuring on ordering the supertrapp from you guys. I do kind of like the slash down tip on the trapp to keep hot exhaust from blowing on the bag.

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna-dscn1116.jpg   Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna-dscn1115.jpg  
Old 07-20-2016 | 07:29 PM
Gunnysgt
|
Grand HDF Member

Yea Mchad, 37 Harleys so far, the oldest being a 1952 Pan I customized and rode 8 years. I have a motorcycle addiction as you can tell. Currently have 2 2016s.

Old 07-20-2016 | 10:12 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Yea Mchad, 37 Harleys so far, the oldest being a 1952 Pan I customized and rode 8 years. I have a motorcycle addiction as you can tell. Currently have 2 2016s.
That's awesome. Keep going!

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto E Series Exhaust System for Dyna