Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed flush mount gauge and cap today

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,540 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeySom
Very nice set up Mc I plan on doing the same where did you get them i like to look at em
They are HD parts, dealers usually have them. I ordered mine from Surdyke.com, about $40 cheaper then from HD.

The following users liked this post:
MikeySom (07-20-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 08:10 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
They are HD parts, dealers usually have them. I ordered mine from Surdyke.com, about $40 cheaper then from HD.
Surdyke is a HD Dealer. They just don't feel the need to rape anybody over the cost of parts that they don't have to touch more than one time in getting it shipped to your address. Sometimes the part you order does come off of their shelves and other times it will come straight from the Moco's warehouse.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Surdyke is a good one, I've used them several times but have found another source that generally is cheaper yet. There used to be more HD dealers that would give discounts on line but several of them have either gone under or changed hands and the discounts stopped. Most other dealers and not happy at all with the ones that discount. They've been complaining to Harley for years.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:08 AM
sn95bullitt
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks good.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
fingersicu812
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good , Have them on mine since 2009 no problems although sometimes the cap pops up no big deal , Interesting what each dot represents in regards to how much fuel is in yer tank , Yesterday I ran 300 kilos at which tyme the last dot was on and of course the stock gauge reserve light was on , At this point safe to say the led is giving me the correct fuel range in the tank , As a rule I dont run past 280 on my trip but thats me I dont want to be pushing my ride .

Old 07-21-2016, 07:38 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,272 Likes on 3,421 Posts

Those look great! I have been drooling over them for quite a while.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Just got the flush kit myself and had the dealer installed it since it was in the shop for service. I figured 10-15 minutes like you all have quoted but I was told that he has to file part of it to fit.

So my questions are did you have to make any modifications for it to fit properly?

Does the gas gauge sit properly or is this the one that can be crooked when installed?

Normally a good bunch at this dealer but I'm worried about possibly getting a bit dinged on this.

Thanks.

Chonk

Last edited by Chonk; 09-08-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

They should not have to file anything to make this fit. I've installed 3 or 4 of them. The important part on the install is the part where you put the top part of the guage into the bottom part and ROTATE it counterclockwise to line up properly. then carefully tighten the small screws. I think there are 7 dots. The odd number is good cause it gives you a center one for a half tank.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:15 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Had "trigger finger" surgery on the middle finger on my throttle hand on Wed, (I'm convinced it was caused by overuse :-) and while I'm sure I could ride, I've agreed with my girl that I would give it a week. It's only a scratch, but I'd hate to be in a situation where I needed to put a lot of pressure on the hand (hard braking, etc.).
Mchad, I also have the "trigger finger" issue and was curious about the procedure used to rectify the problem?

Old 09-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,540 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
They should not have to file anything to make this fit. I've installed 3 or 4 of them. The important part on the install is the part where you put the top part of the guage into the bottom part and ROTATE it counterclockwise to line up properly. then carefully tighten the small screws. I think there are 7 dots. The odd number is good cause it gives you a center one for a half tank.
This. No filing needed on either of the two i installed.

Originally Posted by rjsimmons
Mchad, I also have the "trigger finger" issue and was curious about the procedure used to rectify the problem?
Ok, can of worms = open.

I had a hand surgeon at a local conglomerate of doctors say i needed surgery after two cortisone shots didn't fix it. So I researched and found the "best" surgeon in the area. He concurred and we scheduled the surgery. Took all of 15 minutes, local anesthesia. In and out. 10 days later the stitches came out and guess what? The finger was still triggering. Doc said give it a month - gave me some exercises and sent me on my way.

The month later it was exactly the same as before the surgery. Saw the doc for the follow and he was "puzzled". Said it may be one of the rare cases where the tendon nodule is on the pulley before the first finger joint and not in the hand just under the finger. Problem is since the A1 pulley (one in the hand) was cut during the original surgery they can't cut the A3 pulley (one in the finger). Ever. So I may be left with this for the rest of my life. Sounds like malpractice to me, but as I understand it he did the correct procedure and I'm just the unlucky one to have it happening in the wrong place.

So there you go.

Quick Reply: Installed flush mount gauge and cap today