Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazarus Project: 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:08 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
backstory
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...fferences.html

Got the road rage mega power pipes on after cursing Daryl Bassini for making me shuffle these head pipes around for 20 minutes. really easy install otherwise.... the directions were worthless.

pipes appeared
no more shacks

blah blah

1/2 way there

pulled the old gaskets, shoved in new ones

took the opportunity to move the charging lead.

worst part of the whole job... getting the headpipes to sit right and the flanges on.

blah blah

done

wiped it down and started it up
https://youtu.be/sYwWVkNF0LE

i used the the powervision map "12D103002405 Year: 2012-2016 Model: Dyna Switchback SE/Air Cleaner, V&H ProPipe 2-1" since it was closest to my set up, did 3 varied auto-tune runs. by the 3rd, the bike was smooth. still some popping on decel but, i will keep at it over the weekend. i can't prove a single thing out side of the butt dyno but, i feel the power, lol outstanding pipes, sound f***ing great!

obligatory wetting

black heat shields and endcap have to go...........no question. i'm not for the blacked out look.
Looks good. When you did the pipe did you by chance go with the crushed-style gaskets? I had a hell of a time with getting the headpipe on the first time using the stock-style gaskets. The screamin eagle ones worked muuuch better. Just a thought. Changed mine to when one of the circlips shifted and started causing an exhaust leak...second time around getting the headpipe on with the different gaskets was much easier.

EDIT: These ones: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ust-gasket-kit

Last edited by DynaKid94; 11-28-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:26 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Looks good. When you did the pipe did you by chance go with the crushed-style gaskets? I had a hell of a time with getting the headpipe on the first time using the stock-style gaskets. The screamin eagle ones worked muuuch better. Just a thought. Changed mine to when one of the circlips shifted and started causing an exhaust leak...second time around getting the headpipe on with the different gaskets was much easier.

When I put on the RR3 I purchased those SE gaskets and tried to use them with no luck whatsoever, couldn't get a flush fit. I ended up reusing the stock gaskets and don't seem to have any leaking.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:42 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
When I put on the RR3 I purchased those SE gaskets and tried to use them with no luck whatsoever, couldn't get a flush fit. I ended up reusing the stock gaskets and don't seem to have any leaking.
Weird...had nothing but issues with the stock ones. Wonder if it's a difference between the RR3 and the RR2?

Old 11-28-2016, 04:58 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DynaKid94

yes sir!
i used screaming eagle gaskets. they go right in with no probs if you clean all the old gasket out. they just sit there and behave no jumping out and shifting

Old 11-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 743 Likes on 411 Posts

Front wheel looks awesome. Big improvement getting the rotor lined up.

Attached Thumbnails Lazarus Project: 2012-photo381.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
cvaria (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 05:03 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Jumping out and shifting? They must have changed something since 99. My exhaust gaskets are a graphite/aluminum matrix and a press fit into the head. They're a pain to install, but they ain't goin' NOWHERE once in. I've heard freezing them helps but Ive never tried it. I prefer to fight and cuss, I guess.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:47 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by cggorman
Jumping out and shifting? They must have changed something since 99. My exhaust gaskets are a graphite/aluminum matrix and a press fit into the head. They're a pain to install, but they ain't goin' NOWHERE once in. I've heard freezing them helps but Ive never tried it. I prefer to fight and cuss, I guess.
i fought gaskets a few times. if you get to many hits in, you loose. i use oil to get them in when i put the grenades on my sportster.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:10 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,540 Likes on 2,146 Posts

2:1 YES! That's the way to go. Well done. Don't forget the earplugs though. I heard those suckers are loud!

Old 12-01-2016, 04:02 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Mchad
2:1 YES! That's the way to go. Well done. Don't forget the earplugs though. I heard those suckers are loud!
how's the glide treating you?

Old 12-03-2016, 12:02 PM
cvaria
Supporter

polarizing heat shield swap-out... some will hate some will love. it's not permanent will see what it looks like when the polished endcap arrives

Last edited by cvaria; 12-03-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Lazarus Project: 2012