Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazarus Project: 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:18 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
It's cool. I just wanted you to check the rotor to caliper alignment and for you to know that if the rotor was biased to the left and not acceptable to you, it would be easy in your case to move it to right (it would also move the wheel same amount). If you're "good" with what you have...

No, you wouldn't shim the wide bearing. That would move the rotor farther to the Left.

You say you want the W205pp...aside from them being the same dimension as what came with wheel, is there any other reason over the 205pp?
i hopped up,
  1. pulled the pulley,
  2. pulled the wide bearings,
  3. added the 205pps with shim and the bearing on the disk side-first, yes sir...and made sure the stock sleeve was touching the bearing and not the shim),
  4. drove to the dealer and got new pulley bolts (and rear axle covers)
  5. test fit with caliper
  6. did this:
  7. mounted the pulley
  8. compressed the pistons in the rear brake caliper
  9. mounted it all and bled the rear brakes.

this good?:

Last edited by cvaria; 10-17-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 PM
cvaria
Supporter

added chrome axle covers ( for contrast rather than black):

yes, the little screw should be facing down but... i'm lazy and don't want to crawl under bike to get them off.

Last edited by cvaria; 10-17-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Holy *****, Slow Down man...I just asked to you look... To see what (if anything) was needed. If it was found to need attention, then determine what shim/spacer would the best...the one you have (more movement and may have been too much?) or the other i listed...But maybe you did all that looking and evaluating and just went with it?

I'm going to start calling you "Bull" (in a china shop)

Btw, you did you use your original rear spacer sleeve (not the one from the new wheel) with the two new 205pp...yes? oh, I see you said "stock" so that means you did you use your original.

"this good?"...
You tell me...Is the rotor centered or is it now to right of center?

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 08:23 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Wink

Holy *****, Slow Down man...I just asked to you look... To see what (if anything) was needed. If it was found to need attention, then determine what shim/spacer would the best...the one you have (more movement and may have been too much?) or the other i listed...But maybe you did all that looking and evaluating and just went with it?

I'm going to start calling you "Bull" (in a china shop)

Btw, you did you use your original rear spacer sleeve (not the one from the new wheel) with the two new 205pp...yes? oh, I see you said "stock" so that means you did you use your original.

"this good?"...
You tell me...Is the rotor centered or is it now to right of center?

lol, i told you i was going to do it because i trust your judgement. i was fine with it before. i'm still fine with it. it's not hanging up or getting really hot.

after changing the oil, i was out on it for , two hours. i need to adjust the pedal up but, they are fine.

no worries. i'm on vacation i didn't mind doing it. besides, i'm getting ready to ride it to maryland so if you felt there was a problem, i'd rather address it than ride 2000 miles on it.

you need a paypal or go fund me link. you need to be compensated for all you do for folks.

i did notice you said, "...just doin' my job ".... nebulous

your office?

Last edited by cvaria; 10-17-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:15 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Just remember...some things need more input to make good judgments.

Now I'm a little hesitant to bring the following up to you "Half Cocked" (maybe that's a better name than "Bull")

This is just info... not to be acted on haphazardly, but depending on how strongly/**** you feel about changing/"correcting" those rotor spoke to wheel spoke orientation this may work.

"Supposedly" those Cyko Wheels have a 10 hole center section like these other Colorado Custom Wheels (from their FB page)

Assuming all those holes are on the same BHC (bolt hole circle), you could probably separate the hub (see 5 socket head cap screws below) and rotate it by 1 hole and reassemble.

**NOTE: They use RED loctite on those bolts.

You might want to also check with colorado custom on this, but i would provide pics while describing this with them (so that they "get it")

DISCLAIMER: I assume no responsibility for the above information

Old 10-18-2016, 12:14 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Just remember...some things need more input to make good judgments.

Now I'm a little hesitant to bring the following up to you "Half Cocked" (maybe that's a better name than "Bull")

This is just info... not to be acted on haphazardly, but depending on how strongly/**** you feel about changing/"correcting" those rotor spoke to wheel spoke orientation this may work.

"Supposedly" those Cyko Wheels have a 10 hole center section like these other Colorado Custom Wheels (from their FB page)

Assuming all those holes are on the same BHC (bolt hole circle), you could probably separate the hub (see 5 socket head cap screws below) and rotate it by 1 hole and reassemble.

**NOTE: They use RED loctite on those bolts.

You might want to also check with colorado custom on this, but i would provide pics while describing this with them (so that they "get it")

DISCLAIMER: I assume no responsibility for the above information
The size of the holes will not allow for rotation other that the pattern already there. I probably should have share my vision with CC during the ordering process. That shop has sailed. Im at peace with it. The bike feel better than the old bike with duals. I actually glad it worked out this way overall. The 80 spokes were heavy as an anchor.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:58 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member

It's all good...and a lot easier to stay with what you have.

But I'm curious...you're saying that these holes are not the same size?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:32 AM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Dude you are crazy. I can't wait to tear into my WG this winter.

Question for you. Do your risers have some play in them. I ask because I have a small incline on my drive way I turn the bike around and back it in. I notice if I pull a little on the bars they will move some. Looks like there is a rubber bushing at the bottom where they meet the tree. The bolts are tight I tested that.

Again man I completely look up to this bike, and everything you are/will be doing
. Lots of good people on the board.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by natedog_37
Dude you are crazy. I can't wait to tear into my WG this winter.

Question for you. Do your risers have some play in them. I ask because I have a small incline on my drive way I turn the bike around and back it in. I notice if I pull a little on the bars they will move some. Looks like there is a rubber bushing at the bottom where they meet the tree. The bolts are tight I tested that.

Again man I completely look up to this bike, and everything you are/will be doing
. Lots of good people on the board.
Order up a set of poly bushings, and that movement will go away.

If you want completely rock solid, order of a set of solid bushings.

http://www.alloyart.com/universal-pa...lebar-bushings

http://thespeedmerchant.net/product/...bushing-black/

The following users liked this post:
natedog_37 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 09:08 AM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
Order up a set of poly bushings, and that movement will go away.

If you want completely rock solid, order of a set of solid bushings.

http://www.alloyart.com/universal-pa...lebar-bushings

http://thespeedmerchant.net/product/...bushing-black/

Add to my list.

Thank you.

Def didn't like that feeling.

Quick Reply: Lazarus Project: 2012