Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazarus Project: 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 05:00 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Ahh, Quit it ...just doin' my job

Now, back to business...

The rotor appears a bit to the LEFT...yes?

(wizardry)

Maybe something to think about

So, now... originally Two thin bearings in the front? did you happen to measure the front sleeve?

EDIT: just to confirm...you installed first bearing on brake disc side?
Thank you.

rotor:
yes, it is sitting out to the left but, not dragging. you are saying move it. i trust your judgement . so, i will move it. can i shim the wide bearings? i want to add the w205pps. i can use the potential surplus 205pps on the sportster roadster wheels. wouldn't the net effect be nearly the same? (splitting hairs) or would the thickness of the wide bearing on the pulley side cause an issue?

yes sir, the bearings were installed brake disk side first.

front:
No sir, i didn't measure the sleeve.

Last edited by cvaria; 10-16-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:07 PM
cvaria
Supporter

took it out and the first thing i noticed was that those spokes must have been dampening the imperfections on the roads. i felt everything.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:18 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

You lost a lot of unsprung weight.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:54 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by cggorman
You lost a lot of unsprung weight.
much more solid ride.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:11 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
rotor:
yes, it is sitting out to the left but, not dragging. you are saying move it. i trust your judgement . so, i will move it. can i shim the wide bearings? i want to add the w205pps. i can use the potential surplus 205pps on the sportster roadster wheels. wouldn't the net effect be nearly the same? (splitting hairs) or would the thickness of the wide bearing on the pulley side cause an issue?...
It's cool. I just wanted you to check the rotor to caliper alignment and for you to know that if the rotor was biased to the left and not acceptable to you, it would be easy in your case to move it to right (it would also move the wheel same amount). If you're "good" with what you have...

No, you wouldn't shim the wide bearing. That would move the rotor farther to the Left.

You say you want the W205pp...aside from them being the same dimension as what came with wheel, is there any other reason over the 205pp?

Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Those wheels look good. I've always liked an 18" out back.

The Big Ness rotor "Spokes" really match up well with the wheel spokes. Since the rotor spokes align with machine finish on the wheel spokes, would have you preferred them to not to be powder coated?

...but maybe not. Then the rotor center wouldn't blend in with the black hub...maybe if hub was drilled so the black rotor spokes were lined up with the black wheel spoke, then they might just "disappear"

...just thinkin' out loud looks good

Last edited by multihdrdr; 10-17-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:13 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,274 Likes on 3,423 Posts

It looks great on there, for sure.

I was really worried how mine was going to look, but I am happy. It feels a more sure-footed in the corners now, too. I think he is going to dig it!

Old 10-17-2016, 04:29 AM
cvaria
Supporter

The Big Ness rotor "Spokes" really match up well with the wheel spokes. Since the rotor spokes align with machine finish on the wheel spokes, would have you preferred them to not to be powder coated?

...but maybe not. Then the rotor center wouldn't blend in with the black hub...maybe if hub was drilled so the black rotor spokes were lined up with the black wheel spoke, then they might just "disappear"

...just thinkin' out loud looks good

Yeah, i was pretty pissed about the spokes not lining up the way i thouht they would. Really makes that area look busier than I'd want it to. I was expecting this:

The hub cant be drilled out that way because there is no material there. Looks like there's a 3 part system under there to connect the left and right side of the hub. And that area is open for what ever it was that they use to bind the parts.

Would drilling them be safe? I know a shop that can do it but, how would that affect the structural integrity of the rotor? Open to ideas as always.

Last edited by cvaria; 10-17-2016 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:01 AM
cvaria
Supporter

It's cool. I just wanted you to check the rotor to caliper alignment and for you to know that if the rotor was biased to the left and not acceptable to you, it would be easy in your case to move it to right (it would also move the wheel same amount). If you're "good" with what you have...

No, you wouldn't shim the wide bearing. That would move the rotor farther to the Left.

You say you want the W205pp...aside from them being the same dimension as what came with wheel, is there any other reason over the 205pp?
Admittedly, yes. I wanted to not go insane again. So would i shim the pulley side or the disc side? Would this cause spacer issues?

Edit: ​​​​​Nevermind, i see it

Last edited by cvaria; 10-17-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:03 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Lookin good man!

Having the rotor line up? That would have been icing on the cake. I wouldn't sweat it. It's still cake 👍

Quick Reply: Lazarus Project: 2012