Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazarus Project: 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:53 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Talked with the good folks at Arlen Ness tech support; this new 02-972-01 caliper bracket is a running revision done for the "obvious" improvements in strength and reliability of the caliper bracket.

As cggorman posted, the steel inserts are going to be superior in strength and longevity to simply tapping the billet of the caliper bracket.

The Big Brake kits are on back order, no new revision caliper bracket on the shelf for me to buy, beg, borrow, or steal but they took my contact information and will set one aside for me when they're back from machining so I can upgrade my Wide Glide's Big Brake

No idea on price for the bracket alone but it doesn't matter; I never go cheap on my brakes or tires When I get a price I'll shout out!
You mean yours didn't fail?

Yeah, i think ill have to ask for some for my sporty.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

I am thinking that my Bassani is not much louder than those pipes... At idle, my Bassani is kind of mellow. You mentioned you were interested in Bassani, but concerned about highway noise... I am think these are not much different.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:35 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Fork nut covers, ... again

blah

installed and tightened

brand whoring activated

horn cover and axle nut covers appeared.

looks like harley has taken to wasting paper... should have nailed them for that instead.

wha? compare those below to those above... why waste?
old style fork nut covers i have creeping around the garage (and ebay)...

old axle nut covers use on last build:

Last edited by cvaria; 09-07-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:41 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Default Dealers...i was ready to assume responsibility for this...

EGO-FREE ZONE

Dealer Alarm Programming Ball Drop
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...eadlights.html

....and Multihdrdr wisdom that was mentioned long ago, bit me in the ***. Didn'tthink about it while installing low rider sliders.

Post 53 of this threat actually....
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=53

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

Remember...there's also that ~.150" cal mounting difference (horizontally) on the Left Slider between the WG and LR.

Didn't cause any actual problem but, the techs didn't like it. I accept.

Would have been a free trip if not for the caliper .150 spacing

Last edited by cvaria; 09-09-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:07 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Taking notes as I'm planning a dual disc front as well.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:47 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Default Paughco quaility?

Can anyone chime in on Paughco quality? i'm tired of waiting on the shop here in fl to get in the 21x3.50 black 80 spoke i used last time. i called jireh and they said "no go" on a black 80 21x3.50.... made calls and search the interwebs... found Paughco.

the 16-123 is exactly what i want... just 160 bucks more w/free shipping

http://www.paughco.com/2008-catalog/...20Paughco.html

Good/Bad?

Old 09-10-2016, 02:16 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,275 Likes on 3,423 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I am thinking that my Bassani is not much louder than those pipes... At idle, my Bassani is kind of mellow. You mentioned you were interested in Bassani, but concerned about highway noise... I am think these are not much different.
You must have the quiet version

I did not understand his road/highway noise requirement. I can't hear fuc*-all with the wind, etc compared to in-town.

OP, please 'splain, so I can better understand, and give you some ideas

Old 09-10-2016, 06:50 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by HDConvert511

I did not understand his road/highway noise requirement. I can't hear fuc*-all with the wind, etc compared to in-town.

Im trying to avoid the drone at high speeds. Since my dyna is used for lonng hauls, i dont want ear splitting noise for hours at a time.

Example. I have vh grenades on my sportster to make it ignorant loud for use in town (safety. ride my sporty around and you'll never say loud pipes don't save lives). No one will ever be able to say that they didnt hear me. They work like a charm. Coos give me the "slow down" look when I'm going 25.. sounds like im doing 90. On the highway, they are flatout annoying. A consistent blaring "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR". I really dont want this for 8 hours:

that's with an open air mic on a gopro.... that obnoxious noise is heard loud and clear above all that wind noise... that's from a 1200, imagine that on a 1700... on the highway for 8+ hours...

on the other hand the screaming eagles i've used on both give good sound and power, but on the highway become nearly invisible on the highway unless you get on it. that what i'm looking for with the performance benefits of a 2-1.

Last edited by cvaria; 09-11-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

I have the "performance" baffle that was shipped with the 13122J version. The guy that sold me my bike has the version you have, and they sound almost the same at idle... I can't speak to how they sound on the highway, because, well, you know, you can't hear $h!t at those speeds. With ear plugs in for the long rides, the pipe just has a humming tone to it, and generally drowned out by the wind noise. When I roll without the plugs, it's clear just how loud these pipes are. Next to, or behind the bike can get a little obnoxious when you get on it... If you're not a fan of loud bikes.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:42 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

I was just thinking about Bassani noise levels last night... I have a RR3 and when asked I always say that it has a nice raspy crack to it, but that it isn't really all that loud. But I generally wear a full face helmet and ear protection... Last night I was on a quick check-out ride after buttoning up some stuff on the bike, and I didn't wear ear protection because I wanted to hear if anything sounded off at all... It really struck me just how loud that pipe is...

Quick Reply: Lazarus Project: 2012