Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before and current pictures of your Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019 | 12:17 AM
gleam
Tourer

I bought this 2011 Fat Bob in the summer of 2017, and it became my first Harley. I never, ever expected to be able to get one, so I didn't really know much about them at all when I suddenly entered the market to find one. In less than two months I went from knowing next to nothing about Harleys, to somehow choosing the bike that I now consider to be perfect for what I want out of a bike. The circumstances for how I got here weren't great, and as it turns out that didn't end when I got it, unfortunately. If you were a Maritimer you could say that's the way she goes.

I knew I wanted a Dyna, and I liked the Fat Bob most of all. I started on a Yamaha Virago, and I knew I wanted something along those lines, but bigger, better, and with more aftermarket support and room to upgrade. I don't know how that know-nothing doofus did it, but somehow he nailed it. That's exactly what I have now, and I couldn't be happier. In between those I also tried a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad that would have been great for those long trips I imagined being able to take. It was beautiful, but far too big for what I actually wanted to do with a bike. Lesson learned.

First picture is not that long after I got it, parked alongside the bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. That's not a beach, that's wet sand down at a lower elevation and at a distance. I believe it gets pushed up there in those quantities by the enormous tides that come up the bay. The bike as I got it was almost completely stock, save for a very nice tachometer upgrade, Screaming Eagle intake and some sort of Vance & Hines slip-ons. When I was trying to learn all the different Dynas, this rear fender is the first one that caught my eye, so I knew I wanted that early on. I mainly chose the Fat Bob for the wide front end and the fat wheels, which I also love. I had a notion that similar-sized wheels would handle better after I read that somewhere. It made sense to me at the time but I have no idea if it's true or not.

I was very hesitant to get something with forward controls, but I figured I could 'just change them' to mids if I had to. I didn't read deep enough into it to learn what that actually involves. Despite ultimately losing almost all of summer 2018 to this mistake, I wouldn't have it any other way. And finally, I don't hate the headlights but I also wouldn't want to put a big single bucket there either for some reason. I'd like something along the lines of how the new Fat Bob ones are pill-shaped, but that's just an idea at this stage.

2019 - Spring

2019 - Fall

The second photo is the most recent picture on the exhaust side, and the third photo shows everything to date. I was hoping to get one more day in this year but it's not looking good. Really want to get it out long enough to do my oil changes; I'm probably gonna do an oil analysis this time, too if I can.

I've gone through quite a bit of this bike in the last two years. It's starting to get to where I want it to be, and I couldn't be happier with it. Once I get the handlebars I want to get this bike will essentially be how I want it to be. After that it will just be a matter of adding more storage options and making some things look better. Horn relocation, for example. After that it's just engine upgrades, and by the time I can actually do that, I'll know this bike very well.

Major maintainance projects on this have included things like motor mounts and fully rebuilding the forks with Progressive Suspension Progressive Heavy Duty springs. I also did the 40,000km fuel tank service this summer. It seems daunting at first but really it's not that bad. Planning to do a thread about it, actually. I'll list the upgrades below, and add links where I can.

Current Mods:
  • Dynojet PowerVision V with Target-Tune LINK
  • Bitubo Rear Shocks LINK
  • Saddlemen Step-Up Seat in black with tuck and roll
  • DK Custom Products tank lift LINK
  • Trap Moto Footpegs from DK Custom Products (now unavailable apparently)
  • H-D Further-Forward Mid Controls LINK
  • Thrashin' Supply TSC Shifter Peg in black LINK
  • Kickstand +1" in black (not installed) LINK
  • Speed-Kings Shorty Levers in black LINK
  • 2" Handlebar Riser Extensions
  • H-D Get-A-Grip Hand Grips LINK
  • Lowbrow Customs 2 into 1 SuperMeg Exhaust by Kerker LINK
  • Predator front engine mount LINK
  • Michelin Scorcher 31 tires
  • Powder Coated wheels, pulley, and belt guard
  • La Rosa Design Left Solo Saddlebag with bottle holder LINK
Future plans:
  • Blackout 4.65" Harley Dyna Fat Bob Daymaker Style LED Headlights LINK
  • Zombi Bars LINK
  • Dyna CNC Brake Pedal (Black) LINK
  • BIG AL'S CYCLES BUBBA FORK BRACE LINK
  • Custom Dynamics Smart Triple Play Converter LINK
  • DK Custom Products Coil Relocation Kit LINK
  • Driving lights and better lighting all around
  • Vivid Black side covers

Last edited by gleam; 11-18-2019 at 01:35 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by gleam:
beanoboy (11-29-2019), Dirtbandit (04-18-2022), fxdup (11-21-2019), SW CQB 45 (03-29-2020)
Old 11-19-2019 | 02:19 PM
checkster2000
Cruiser

Thanks man!! 14" narrow apes with a 3" riser. Burly slammers, 21x3.25 rim with a 120. Bad&G bag and the forks are dropped about 2" in the triple.

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
Man I LOVE the way that looks! How tall are your bars? And are those just stock Burly Slammers in the rear? Bigger hoop in the front? And what kind of bag is that? Seriously I can't stop looking at your bike!

Old 11-19-2019 | 04:29 PM
V&HBryan
Banned

Day I bought it

Current look

The following 9 users liked this post by V&HBryan:
beanoboy (11-20-2019), bloodweiser (11-20-2019), bungalowbill6@gmail.com (11-21-2019), Chicago Ken (11-21-2019), DynaKid94 (11-20-2019), frontiercat (11-21-2019), fxdup (11-20-2019), johnnynitro (11-20-2019), robarosa (11-20-2019) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-20-2019 | 07:03 AM
fatbobbenny88
Intermediate
Veteran: Army

First two are the oldest, last three are the most recent. Most mods are in my signature. This is my 3rd harley, second dyna, and probably my favorite so far. short trips around town to 6 or more hour endeavors one way! windy mountain roads to straight open flat lands, to me i'm comfortable on this at any given point. I intend to make this my forever bike (cheesy I know) but the options are endless and I can configure it the way I want in less then a day.
Mods to come:
Thunderheader 2-1 black and wrapped
Blacked out forward controls
highway/crash bars
V&H Fuel pack 3
Big sucker kit
Fairing ( if i find one I like)
Relocate front turn signals
crinkle black full dash w/ rpm gauge
Saddlemen step up seat
Horn relocation
coil relocation
who knows what else! thanks for letting me share everyone. ride safe.

on the lot, first sitting on it

The Ad that caught my eye

most current pic

Dont mind the messy *** garage!

The following 2 users liked this post by fatbobbenny88:
beanoboy (11-20-2019), SW CQB 45 (03-29-2020)
Old 11-21-2019 | 02:37 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Reindeer
There was a similar thread to this a few years back. But since I don't mind sharing photos of my bike...

As purchased, March 2012 with about 4700 miles on it.

Rode it like that for the first summer, changed a few thing right away like different bars, 21" front wheel and smaller LED turn signals. That winter I pulled it all apart and repainted the tins, redid the motor with black 103" cylinders, ported heads, and cams. New exhaust and air cleaner also.

Since then I've done a few misc things, 2" longer fork tubes with chrome lower sliders, 30t/68t pulleys, different battery cover. Its got 22,000 miles on it now. Don't really have much more planned for it, I've considered going another 2" longer on the fork tubes and trying to find some 1.5deg raked trees off a Low Rider. And I'd like to go bigger and badder with the motor, but I think its going to be awhile before my budget allows that.

I posted here a few years back, but I've made some changes since then. It's now a 117", and I did add the FXDL trees and 4" over tubes I had thought about doing back then. Also some fresh paint, and a number of other small details.

I'm not going to go so far as to say its done, but I don't really have any more plans.

At the Dennis Kirk bike show, parked next to a co-workers Road Glide.

The following 3 users liked this post by Reindeer:
fxdup (11-21-2019), johnnynitro (11-23-2019), johnwesley (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019 | 03:46 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Reindeer
I posted here a few years back, but I've made some changes since then. It's now a 117", and I did add the FXDL trees and 4" over tubes I had thought about doing back then. Also some fresh paint, and a number of other small details.

I'm not going to go so far as to say its done, but I don't really have any more plans.

At the Dennis Kirk bike show, parked next to a co-workers Road Glide.
I really like the work on the tank.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jay Guild:
johnwesley (11-21-2019), Reindeer (09-09-2020)
Old 11-29-2019 | 12:13 AM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master

First picked up new:

Picked up this last Monday:

Dave

The following users liked this post:
Dirtbandit (11-30-2021)
Old 11-29-2019 | 01:28 PM
johnwesley
Tourer

Originally Posted by johnwesley
First pic while at the dealership, I made changes as soon as I got it home. Picked it up January of 2017, the after pic is this week. Already on another change to the bike. It’s been through a few changes over the almost 3 year of ownership.

though I’d add a pic of it form a simular angle as when I bought it

The following 2 users liked this post by johnwesley:
Dirtbandit (11-30-2021), TOE_CUTTER (11-29-2019)
Old 11-29-2019 | 02:52 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Posted pics of my bike in earlier in the thread when it was running a DK Customs 587 AC and EBS using a filter. Here is my bike as it currently is with a new intake and catch can EBS:

Old 12-01-2019 | 10:36 AM
Chad Hughey
Stage I
Default Before and current

2015 ultra classic rear fender

The day I got my 2006 fxdi

The following users liked this post:
fxdup (12-02-2019)

Quick Reply: Before and current pictures of your Dyna