Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike time.... the beast is dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:22 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts
Smile New bike time.... the beast is dead

Headed back from Maryland, a tree fell on i95 in asscrack SC.... i moved away from it but, hit something yree deris i guess ... and high sided. Happened so fast... Landed face first.. got up and ran for the side of the road.. mac truck hit the bike after swerving away from the tree... few seconds later a suv hit the tree and came spinning around the tree, hitting the bike again and almost hitting me but, i somehow dove from the street across the guard rail. No idea how i did it... but, if i hadnt... I'd be dead. Lol .... oil pan is toast... tank, bars, wheels, clutch lever housing, pipes, forks cracked to hell, .... fubar... fu** it, I'm alive.

Leather, boots, gloves, and helmet did their job. Helmet is toast. Chin guard exploded... all the leather on the inside of the gloves is gone... gear! That could have been skin.

Holy Sh**!

Old 07-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow, that is one hell of an accident. It sounds like you got out of it with no real injuries but that bike looks messed up!

Good to hear you're okay and maybe there is a Low Rider S in your future if that could be called a bright side.

Chonk

Old 07-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 695 Likes on 338 Posts

Ouch. I mean, seriously, damn. Glad yer okay, man.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 12:44 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Chonk
Wow, that is one hell of an accident. It sounds like you got out of it with no real injuries but that bike looks messed up!

Good to hear you're okay and maybe there is a Low Rider S in your future if that could be called a bright side.

Chonk
Man, i dont know why people ride around with no gear... I'm now going full face no matter what. Bike is done... it'd be a miracle if they dont total it.

The mods are covered up to $3000.

Low rider s might be the move but, the electronic controls freak me out..

Last edited by cvaria; 07-04-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:58 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

That's exactly why I always wear full face, non-modular, when I'm headed out on roads above 45mph. The statistics are overwhelming.

Glad you were geared up and were able to walk way.

Sorry about the bike, tho. Hopefully you can get back out there before the snow flies.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:00 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

As a point of interest, what brands and models of Gera were you wearing? Nothing like a real world survival story to help people choose proven gear.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:12 AM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 492 Likes on 289 Posts

Dayum!!! Really glad you're ok!

Old 07-04-2016, 01:16 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by cggorman
As a point of interest, what brands and models of Gera were you wearing? Nothing like a real world survival story to help people choose proven gear.
Bell revolver evo, diesel heavy leather pants, chippewa 17" engineers, grand national powertrip gloves, Hd leather jacket with armour pads, hurt pride..

Old 07-04-2016, 01:28 AM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,549 Likes on 7,970 Posts

Very happy to hear you are ok. You must have had an angel flying on your shoulder. Hope the insurance company treats you right and you find another bike that makes you happy.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 01:31 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
Dayum!!! Really glad you're ok!
Im lucky to be alive. There were seconds between getting up and running for the right side of the road and the first hit..i didnt see it.. i heard it. I only got to look at tge bike for about 3 seconds before the suv hit it... i heard the bike hit the guard rail as i was hitting the grass on on the other side of it. Point of reference. .. in the pictures, the bike is laying on the ground near the far right guard rail. It was in the left lane when i "got off" it.

Quick Reply: New bike time.... the beast is dead