Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike time.... the beast is dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:53 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
That Wide Glide looks clean, a blank canvas to start on once again; I like it, Beastie Mark II
Reminds me of...
There's a REALLY good coaster at King's Island in Ohio called The Beast. My all time favorite. They made a second one called Son of Beast. Still a wooden coaster like it's namesake, but faster and more extreme. First wood coaster with a loop.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:09 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
That Wide Glide looks clean, a blank canvas to start on once again; I like it, Beastie Mark II
yeah but i'm almost sure that we'll see the 110 across the line in August though. won't really matter to me since i'm avoiding ABS* like the plague. i like it. i reached out to the seller already to see where his head is $ wise.
*but Ironhead, ABS would have helped you avoid the accident... No it wouldn't. it would have guaranteed death. i would have been stopped in front of the tree unable to move left because of traffic and the suv that hit the bike second would have hit me dead on instead of hitting the tree like it did. ABS would have actually made it worse.

i played that accident over a few thousand times in my head the only real way to have avoided it would have been to be in the left lane... and even then part of the tree was in that lane.

madness.

The following users liked this post:
Chonk (07-08-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 10:32 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
yeah but i'm almost sure that we'll see the 110 across the line in August though. won't really matter to me since i'm avoiding ABS* like the plague. i like it. i reached out to the seller already to see where his head is $ wise.

madness.

There is so much untapped potential in these 103's; with cams, headwork, and good tuning these things can come alive. Short of an engine related catastrophy I don't see me going for more cubic inches, but cams and headwork? Oh yea, that's the path I'm on

ABS is an aid, it can never be used as a replacement for rider experience and skill. Like that thread I started about threshold braking, it ended up becoming an ABS debate. Braking distance is a combination of 3 things: threat recognition, reaction time, and braking. Recognition and reaction make up more of your overall braking distance than actual braking does and ABS isn't a magic bullet, what saves riders is situational awareness and reaction. We can put all the fancy technology on these bikes but it's still up to the rider to develop the skills to be effective...

The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
Chonk (07-08-2016), cvaria (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 AM
cvaria
Supporter

his head is at $9.5

Old 07-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,934 Likes on 4,021 Posts

Glad you are okay. I would suggest a Low Rider or Low Rider S. The cream of the HD crop in my opinion.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:30 PM
cvaria
Supporter

cancel the extended warranty... didn't know that was possible... guess they cant fix a destroyed bike. used 9 months worth of nothing.

edit:
just found this while thanking bell... kicking myself for tossing the helmet on the flat bed:

http://www.bellhelmets.com/crash-replacement

Last edited by cvaria; 07-07-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:58 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Holy crap I can't believe I missed this thread earlier. So happy that you are doing well and able to tell the tales, banter with us plebes, etc!

I bought a half helmet for summer riding here but generally just commuting the couple miles back and forth. A couple of weeks ago I did the whole going to the store in shorts, sneakers, no gloves and the moment I was on the bike realized how dumb I was being. Not again and not after reading this.

Good luck with the search, I loved your last bike and know that the next will be even better!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:27 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by robbyville
Holy crap I can't believe I missed this thread earlier. So happy that you are doing well and able to tell the tales, banter with us plebes, etc!

I bought a half helmet for summer riding here but generally just commuting the couple miles back and forth. A couple of weeks ago I did the whole going to the store in shorts, sneakers, no gloves and the moment I was on the bike realized how dumb I was being. Not again and not after reading this.

Good luck with the search, I loved your last bike and know that the next will be even better!
yes sir..

i'm done with being cool helmet guy:
can't ride til i get a new FF

...snip...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-with-16.html

i'm looking for a bike now. craigslist and such... dealers have nothing i want.

Last edited by cvaria; 07-07-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,560 Likes on 7,973 Posts

i'm looking for a bike now. craigslist and such... dealers have nothing i want.
You have your Sportster to ride for now so there is no need to hurry. That gives you the edge when you shop. You don't have to have a bike right now.

cvaria (07-08-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 09:29 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Sucks man! You got very lucky! Glad you're ok now what blank canvas are you thinking of getting next?

Last edited by HD Bobber; 07-07-2016 at 09:48 PM.
cvaria (07-08-2016)

Quick Reply: New bike time.... the beast is dead