Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike time.... the beast is dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,141 Likes on 3,667 Posts

Glad you are ok...close calls like that make you evaluate a lot of stuff.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 06:17 AM
Iscariott
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really glad to hear you got away clean. Full face and full boots(12 inch or more) are my resolutions after my wreck this year.

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 06:25 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

How you feeling this morning? Looks like that left knee took a fair hit and it sounds like your hand did too. Don't overlook any unusual pain. You can break bones and still walk it off while under the influence of adrenaline.

I broke my foot, a couple ribs, and scapula in an accident once and didn't realize it for three days. I refused the ambulance ride after the accident and regretted it later. Go to the hospital if there's any doubt.

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
How you feeling this morning? Looks like that left knee took a fair hit and it sounds like your hand did too. Don't overlook any unusual pain. You can break bones and still walk it off while under the influence of adrenaline.

I broke my foot, a couple ribs, and scapula in an accident once and didn't realize it for three days. I refused the ambulance ride after the accident and regretted it later. Go to the hospital if there's any doubt.
This! Big time.

Just last week I got an X-ray pre hand surgery and the tech looking at asked, me "face or wall?" Having no clue he explained the healed broken hand was typical fight/punch break. I had no recollection of breaking my hand, so apparently I walked around with it. Must have been in my youth.

Anyway, terrifying story, and very happy to hear you got out of it ok. I wear a half around town and a Nolan 3/4 on the road. Always think about the face plant... Making me rethink my helmet inventory.

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Incredible story. Glad to hear your alive and kicking.

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 07:17 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

I've been sitting staring at the images and re-reading your post for 10 minutes letting that whole event sink in... that's cvaria... that's cvaria's beastie.

I'm so thankful you were not seriously injured or worse. What a simply terrifying moment to have, reads like a scene out of some action movie ::shudder::

What's important is you're still in one piece, you're still here Gear is everything on a motorcycle, you're the living proof of it. Sometimes the full leather and full face carbon fiber helmets I wear are a bit warm but I'm going to continue to wear all the gear; all I need to do is look at the images of your Wide Glide to know why

I'm very saddened you've lost your girl, she was indeed a beauty; a one of a kind, but I'm very pleased you're still with us! If there's anything I can help you out with let me know...

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Most important, glad you're OK! That is some crazy chit right there! I am stunned.

I know you struggled with your comfort level on the WG, but you put a lot of hard work and love into that machine, so I know this is rough on you. I am sure you'll find something new soon enough... At least you still have your beloved Sporty!

When I first started riding, I wanted a nice vintage looking 3/4 helmet, but then I read the jaw dropping (no pun intended) statistics on impact percentages on a motorcycle helmet. Left & right chin / jaw zones account for just over 1/3 of contact, and from the brow down, nearly 45%! After that, all I looked at was Snell rated helmets full face helmets.

I am surprised that those pants don't look worse. When you say diesel, do you mean the non motorcycle apparel / fashion jeans manufacturer? If so, I am surprised held up.

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 09:03 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,248 Likes on 3,409 Posts

Glad you are okay. Damn.

cvaria (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 09:33 AM
mickeyd819
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really glad you're able to walk away from this. I see a new bike in your future!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:00 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Thank you,

Yeah, its hard to believe the beast was killed by whatever it was that i hit (and a semi and an old hood suv)...it's really just sinking in that the bike is toast. Like really, really not outside this grimy hotel room waiting to be ridden home. That bike really grew on me. So smooth on the highway.

Yes, the sporty lives! I'm going to get a ghelmet asap an get riding agon before i develop some road bouncing fear.

Originally Posted by Mchad
get checked out
I'm going to go in once i get back to civilization. These folks aroind here may try to do some blood letting to easy my pain, lol

Originally Posted by cggorman
update?
I good. New pain from what must have been rolling. The pants say the was some rolling too... i dont remember any of that.... just the voice in my head saying "move move, get **** up and move!"

Originally Posted by mattVA
What insurance do you have? I'm with Progressive and they tell me I have 5k of additional coverage but I haven't seen it in writing so I'm skeptical. Make sure to put all your gear on the claim (leathers and helmet)
i can do that? @ gear. I have progressive too.

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Glad you are okay. Damn.
you put cams in the low rider s?! How is it?

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
hated the bike /super sporty/ Zoolander pants
i did hate the bike at first but after all the work i had it in a good place and was thinking earlier yesterday anout how the bike had grown on me. Poor bike...

Zoolander-
I bought a few pairs riding pants... none were of the grade of the diesel leathers. The leather is heavy/ thick, not horse thick but, leaps and bounds above the dianese and schott goods i bought. thats saying a lot. Sad to see them like that. I might patch them up. Best part is that they fit so dmn well and were boot cut with a low waist rise. No mommy jeans that come up to your sternum lol

Last edited by cvaria; 07-04-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: New bike time.... the beast is dead