Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rider takes safety course

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
jeffbcn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New rider takes safety course

I've been riding for a month now and today I finished my safety course. At first I didn't want to do it. My pride said "I don't need no stinkin' safety course" but after trying to go around that tiny circle at the DMV on weekend and after the advice this forum gave me, I caved in.
Boy, am I glad I did!!! There are many things experienced riders may forget, like how many reactions that keep you safe are not normal reactions. Somebody has to show us stuff like counter steering and counter weighting and so many others so we can practice them until they become second nature, like it is for you guys.
Thanx to all that reccommended it! I second it myself!

2006 Wide Glide

[IMG]local://upfiles/31662/5443DB1122794FDE85C73A6FC4A7E0B4.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 01:24 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: New rider takes safety course

My MSF course is scheduled for June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (Fri, Sat, Sun). I'm eager to take the class. I know I'll learn alot.

I just purchased my first bike ever, an '07 Wide Glide. I've only put on 40 miles while tooling around a little bit here and there, trying to get the feel for it as I wait for the class.

I've heard great things about the class, and I intend to get as much out of it as I can.

BTW - you've got great taste in bikes.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Jman67
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took it about 4 years ago on my 20th b-day weekend. I've been on bikes since I was 5 or 6, and I still learned a lot. It starts out a little slow but I had a blast that weekend and met some cool people. Good luck, have fun, and learn...thats what its alll about!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:35 AM
tattoofreaksb
Tourer

I've got my class the weekend of June 8th-10th. My 07 FXDB is my first street bike. I've always rode dirt bikes when I was younger & atvs the past couple of years. It does help if you ride every chance you get. It's only going to make you better. Never rode on the road (legally...lol) with a bike until now. Did ride like 2 different street bikes one time of a friends but that was it. Got almost a 1000 miles on mine now. Can't wait for the new exhaust & other goodies I'm having done Tuesday. The weather was perfect for riding today but I never even made it out of the house. Worked 12hrs Sat. & then spent all night at hospital with the wife. At least I did get to ride to work & home Sat. I've had a couple of friends take the class & said it was well worth it & they learned a lot of new things. One of them just crahsed yesterday on the way home from Myrtle Beach following 3 other bikes. One of the other riders hit a dog & he couldn't miss it either because it was in his line. Broke his collar bone & some road rash but he's ok besides that. The class will help you in situations like that & you'll know what to do & what not to do.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:16 PM
gorilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like everyone that's taken the class recommends it. I got alot of good info out of it myself. I think anyone that is going to ride should take it!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
gmaines
Intermediate

Both my wife and I took the class, have not been on a bike for about 25+ years. and it was a dirt bike at that. I have a 06 dyna lowrider. my wife loved the class so much, she now has a 07 1200 sportster. it is a nice way to go..... I sure learned allot.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I bought the bike first bu stayed off of it until I took the class. Which was good for me. I realized my limited experience around 20 years ago on dirtbikes just wasn't the same..

Both of you guys at the top have great taste in bikes.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 AM
fung
Stage IV

I took the class back a few years ago and got lots out of it. I think it very well worth it.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:33 AM
joetst2
Cruiser

I took the class in January 2006 and it's definately worth the time and effort. It's incredible how much you can learn about riding in only two days. I recommend it to anyone and everyone I talk to that is thinking about getting a bike.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

I took it and it was the best thing I ever did. Well buying the bike was the best thing. Would recommend anyone buying a bike should take the course.

Quick Reply: New rider takes safety course