Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 street bob light issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 06:39 AM
Ryan C
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2008 street bob light issues

I upgraded to LED lights. The light fuse blows and now only my right rear running light works. My left side turn signal works. I'm getting a steady 7v on right side and a steady 5 v on left. This is only for running. The left side running lights still do not come on. When the turn signal is on I read just under 12 bolts. I switched the L and R plugs and the problem changed sides. Why am I only getting 5V on the left side and 7 on the right? Why isn't the left light responding to the 5V for running lights? What would cause that?

Also the headlamp blows the light fuse when it is turned on but the front turn signals still work. Both rear lights indicate good ground and continuity. Please help me fix this bike.

The bike did have the original tail light delete and everything worked until I tried the LED upgrade. I switched back to the other lights and my problem is still present. The old brake circuit still shows just under 11V. Please help!

Lastly, what is the name of the of the plug that the L and R rear signals and brake light connects to? Could this be the issue?

Old 06-10-2016, 03:18 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Load Equalizer

The "thing" that allows it to be a tail light delete bike is a load equalizer that hooks into the rear wiring harness. From the factory, in the tail light there is a small circuit board (connector) that somebody must have done away with. It also sounds like the equalizer in the back is bad. I'm running LEDs in back T/S and tungsten in front and never have a problem, although I did ground out and burn out the equalizer once.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Ryan C
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a short this evening on the license plate light circuit. After I fixed it the light fuse no longer blows. My headlight and turn signals all work across the board. The left rear light assembly is not cooperating other than as a turn signal. I removed the load equalizer and I'm still only reading 5.3v when the lights should be in regular run mode. I get the same reading when the equalizer is installed. As for the turn signal, it operates as they should at just under 12V when the turn signal is engaged. Would a bad load equalizer cause one side to malfunction? From my expierience it seems that both sides should illuminate at 7V. I'm trying to figure out why the left side isn't produceing enough power. Please help this poor traveling man.