Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Custom Dynamics TruBeam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:18 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Wow, that's a great price for that headlight. Hopefully their 7" version will come down soon as well. I'd love to put one in my (soon to buy) FXRT fairing.
that's the "M" version. it doesn't do the kung-fu of the "A" version

Old 06-16-2016, 12:05 PM
LouM41
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I'm sure it's a great product, I couldn't justify the expense of the TruBeam.

I decided to try a Moons MC. If anyone is hesitant, don't be! I couldn't be happier with the fit and functionality. Just spent a few days at Laconia, riding the dark NH back roads at night. The light was 100X better than stock, and both low and high beams worked great and threw a nice pattern of light.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:09 AM
chasenfins
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you just put an led H4 in the stock headlamp housing?

Old 06-21-2016, 07:57 PM
LouM41
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I purchased the MoonMaker 2, 5.75" LED Headlight. Short $$ for the improvement in visibility.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Buddy Shagmore
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Truebeam pattern

I notice the Truebeam on low throws out 2 different light patterns. One is a wide short pattern that illuminates the area about 10' directly in front of the bike. The second pattern is a bright but very narrow verticle pattern which illuminates much further out in front. Of course on the high beam, it's like an aircraft landing light...tremendous! But on low beam, it doesn't give me sufficient coverage to see safely ahead, as there is a dark gap between the 2 patterns. Am I doing something wrong? I've got that higher narrow pattern adjusted to top out at about top of a cars trunk at about 30'. Anyone else notice this?

Old 12-09-2018, 11:26 PM
TiRider
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same pattern and it does bother me. I have the light set so that the low beams stay on when on high and tend to ride with the high beams on. Never been flashed at yet.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Although I don't have any experience with the Truebeam, I bought a knock off daymaker from Amazon. I couldn't justify spending $100s on a headlight. I can't believe how good the quality is and how bright it is. My brother has an actual daymaker on his Dyna and we compared side by side. My knockoff is slightly brighter than his more expensive daymaker! My advice is to skip out on paying way too much money for a headlight. LEDs are so cheap now that the cost to make the headlights are next to nothing. You are pretty much just paying an extra $200 or $300 just for a name

Old 12-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Buddy Shagmore
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I guess I'll just ride with the high beam on at night.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 PM
Kilr77
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default JW Speaker headlight

I have a few CD products and they’re awesome. LEDs are cheap, but you can’t forget about the development costs associated with implementing a headlamp system. It’s not just a bulb, or light-emitting diode in this case, it’s a complex arrangement of spectrums, designed after years of trial and error, while riding both day & night. In the case of JW Speaker, it’s on a whole other level. It makes night riding barely discernible from day riding, aims the light where you are turning, and, for those of us that loved Knight Rider, it has this cool initialization sequence, when the killswitch is disengaged. the low-beam is designed to cut-off before it blinds oncoming drivers, which is good as I don’t need to daze people into my lane. It’s water-proof, fog-proof, vibration-proof, engineered to not interfere with radio signals, and it throws light like Gandalf is sitting on your handlebars with his staff! (See Lord Of The Rings for the reference). I can’t provide a first-hand endorsement for CD headlamp, as I’ve no experience with them yet, but the CD hardware I do have is fantastic and built to last. ~$500 might seem steep for a headlight, but it pales in comparison to hospital bills and your bike doing it’s best impression of a pretzel!