Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes the best vertical mount fan cooled oil cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 06:01 PM
FireLikeIYa
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes the best vertical mount fan cooled oil cooler?

Hi,

I have a friend overseas who recently took delivery of a 2016 Dyna Street Bob Special. He asked for me to order an oil cooler for him. He wants a vertical mount with a fan. I am not a Harley owner so I am not sure which direction to go on this. I'm currently looking at the Jagg 751-FP2600. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:02 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by FireLikeIYa
Hi,

I have a friend overseas who recently took delivery of a 2016 Dyna Street Bob Special. He asked for me to order an oil cooler for him. He wants a vertical mount with a fan. I am not a Harley owner so I am not sure which direction to go on this. I'm currently looking at the Jagg 751-FP2600. Any recommendations? Thank you.
jagg and ultracool

Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

As always, cvaria nailed it; first post for the win

If I wanted a vertical fan assisted oil cooler that's what I'd order up! Jagg 751-FP2600

Old 06-04-2016, 12:38 AM
FireLikeIYa
Stage III

Thank you for the responses. Can the ultra cool cooler be mounted vertically or is it strictly a low mount cooler? Otherwise, it looks like the Jagg cooler is the best bet. I did just receive a question from my buddy asking whether love jugs would be a better route to go. Anyone have experience with those?

Old 06-04-2016, 01:02 AM
cvaria
Supporter

you'd need to mod the ultra cool softail cool vertical fan-assisted....

there are fan kits available for most type of vertical coolers. that opens up a few more options, yes?

find a vertical you like and shoehorn a fan on it. the jagg is the best out of the box setup that i know of.

i went low mount fan assited to keep max air moving over the fins on the jugs.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:29 AM
FireLikeIYa
Stage III

Originally Posted by cvaria
you'd need to mod the ultra cool softail cool vertical fan-assisted....

there are fan kits available for most type of vertical coolers. that opens up a few more options, yes?

find a vertical you like and shoehorn a fan on it. the jagg is the best out of the box setup that i know of.

i went low mount fan assited to keep max air moving over the fins on the jugs.
Thanks for the reply, Cvaria. Do you know anything about love jug coolers? http://love-jugs.com/ Are they any good? My buddy lives in the Philippines and some of the roads are not that great. I think he is trying to find something up and out of the way to that will keep his bike running cool. I thought they were oil coolers but I guess they are just cooling fans... would they make a good substitute for an oil cooler?

Last edited by FireLikeIYa; 06-04-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:20 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by FireLikeIYa
Thanks for the reply, Cvaria. Do you know anything about love jug coolers? http://love-jugs.com/ Are they any good? My buddy lives in the Philippines and some of the roads are not that great. I think he is trying to find something up and out of the way to that will keep his bike running cool. I thought they were oil coolers but I guess they are just cooling fans... would they make a good substitute for an oil cooler?
i don't the folks lurking in the touring section are probably better people to ask

Old 06-04-2016, 09:51 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

The Wards Parts Werks cooling fans have a solid reputation with the Touring and Trike folks for their effectiveness and customer support. A set of Ward's fans in conjunction with a Jagg oil cooler could be an effective combination for added cooling in a climate such as the Philippines.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:05 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

That's exactly what I use. I have a jagg fan assisted oil cooler coupled with a Ward's fan. Both work exceedingly well. The other day I was riding in 106° temperatures, was able to keep engine temperature measured by my PowerVision at well below 300. Previously it would get over 300 within 15 minutes of this ambient heat.