Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax install on 07 FXDWGI

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:15 AM
intempestivus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thundermax install on 07 FXDWGI

You go through what they call an IAC stop setting routine once you are ready to fire up the bike. Essentially you start with a cold bike, crank it up, let the idel stabilize and then initialize the IAC setup. You can watch on the screen as adjustments are made up to 289 degrees (head temp). Once you reach that temp you shut it off and go back to where the point on the graph where the first adjustment was made and begin smoothing out the idle rpm curve until you get to where there is a gently sloping decrease in the line between cold start idle and normal operating temp. I made maybe 6 or 7 adjustments over the entire span and they were small. The T-Max adjustments were pretty close. I guess you could say it's part computer part manual. At least that's what the instructions tell you to do. Mine idles better than it ever has now.