Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed with Progressive 444 shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 AM
bigjames4xl
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Very disappointed with Progressive 444 shocks

I never felt like the difference in ride was worth the money they cost, and now, the springs are starting to rust! I think the warranty would cover it but I doubt I can find the invoice which is required for the warranty process. I'm thinking these shocks have only been on for about a year, not much longer for sure.

I'm going to put the stock shocks back on and forget about it.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,742 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Can't say I blame you. I had 412's on my Dyna for exactly 1 ride. Sold 'em a day later. Back to stock shocks for the next 21 years...

Old 05-15-2016, 10:19 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

A while back I bought a set of Progressive 944s used from a forum member. The standard springs were too light for me, so I sent them off to Progressive to have heavy springs installed. They came back with the new springs, and completely rebuilt, no charge... not even for shipping. I had even told them I wasn't the original owner.

Give them a chance to fix this, you might be surprised.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 05-15-2016, 10:47 AM
hetkehog
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

x2 on progressive. there a awesome company

Old 05-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjames4xl
I never felt like the difference in ride was worth the money they cost, and now, the springs are starting to rust! I think the warranty would cover it but I doubt I can find the invoice which is required for the warranty process. I'm thinking these shocks have only been on for about a year, not much longer for sure.

I'm going to put the stock shocks back on and forget about it.

Call them up. Tell them and offer to show them your springs. Tell them your a HD forum member and you need their help. Whoever you bought them from you can probably contact them and have them resend you a copy of the purchase order to prove you didn't buy them off the street. I have since moved on to Ohlins but I have progressive mono tubes in my forks and I did warentee a set of rear shocks just last year after 6 years use. They didn't make them anymore so they sent me a brand new set of the next model up. They are a great company and I'm sure will do the right thing.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:37 AM
bigjames4xl
Tourer

I may give them a chance to make it good but I'm not up for a big hassel. I can just throw them in the "spare" parts bin and move on.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:37 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

are u really surprised? Cheap shocks ... just be lucky they even feel remotely decent.

Come over to where the big boys play. Ohlins!

Old 05-15-2016, 04:47 PM
bigjames4xl
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
are u really surprised? Cheap shocks ... just be lucky they even feel remotely decent.

Come over to where the big boys play. Ohlins!
CHEAP?

I'm a po boy but $600($588 to be exact)is not cheap in my book. Not for shocks anyway.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:52 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjames4xl
CHEAP?

I'm a po boy but $600($588 to be exact)is not cheap in my book. Not for shocks anyway.
Cheap as in components. $588 is considered cheap for shocks too. Any decent ohlins, jri etc quality shock will run you close to $900+.

Progressive is entry level cr@p. they just have a great marketing group. You'll never see their stuff on any competitve bike or podium.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Diverrick
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

All of them are over priced. I would love to see what they get in mark ups on this stuff. I work on airplanes and am used to stupidly over priced stuff, but I see the same thing in the harley market. Simply priced to the top it will endure, not what it costs with some markup. I am betting they have a 200 to 300 percent return if not higher. At that rate, they can afford to make it right. My guess is foreign manufacturer based on those pics. Pretty damned thin chrome work.

Last edited by Diverrick; 05-15-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with Progressive 444 shocks