Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Sport Tour & Squareback.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 01:08 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts
Default C&C Sport Tour & Squareback.

A comparison for those who are looking into the C&C Seats. Here's a few pix of the Sport Tour and the Squareback. Hard to tell the difference without getting close up.

I can't comment on the comfort of the rear pass pad on the new Sport tour because I haven't had anyone on it yet. But my daughter became uncomfortable after 30+ miles on the Squareback, and she's a tiny lil thing too. I love the look the SB much better but I'm hoping on all day comfort for the Sport Tour for my passenger.

Squareback

Squareback

Squareback

Squareback

Sport Tour

Sport Tour

Sport Tour

Sport Tour

The following users liked this post:
JayMN (08-04-2023)
Old 05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

How is the comfort for the rider on those two seats?

Old 05-09-2016, 11:10 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Rider comfort is second to none in my opinion. I've had a few seats and all have been great but the C&C is by far the best one for me. A lot of the guys that have em can attest to the all day comfort

fastjoe (05-10-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,566 Likes on 7,974 Posts

They are both nice looking seats.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Great shots and comparison. This will help many in the future I'm sure. Thanks for posting!

Last edited by robbyville; 05-10-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:56 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,750 Likes on 3,110 Posts

All that bike needs is a sissybar & rack.

A sissybar will hide the pillion "bulbousness."

That's what I did with mine...

Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,791 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Very much appreciate this info. Having a Switchback, I'd need to go with the Squareback vs. the Sport Tour. Reason being, the sissybar would rub and squish up against the Sport Tour. I haven't yet found "the" seat, but a C&C may be my next attempt at finding *** love nymph nirvana. Any experience with the backrest? How does it actually mount to the seat? Comfort? I love Corbin's backrest as it is very comfortable and can only be removed by removing the entire seat...which is locked to the bike vs. held to the bike by a screw.

I have a used Corbin Classic Solo and a Mustang Wide Touring at home, along with an HD Tall Boy. The Corbin and Mustang both have things I do and don't like about them. Love that the Corbin is leather and like the seating position. Don't like that the underside of my thigh gets burn (hot spot)after 3 or so hours in the seat. Feels like my thigh is on a sharp corner. Would like the seat a little wider (1"-2") as well. With the Mustang, it's vinyl (greatly prefer leather) and while the height and width are good, I'd prefer the seat to be a little further back. On a long ride, I find myself trying to skooch up onto the lip of the rear of the seat. Also, the backrest is not comfortable and that it's so easily removed from the seat (can be stolen by just grabbing and lifting it from the seat) doesn't sit well with me.

By chance, do you have any experience with the Corbin Classic or Dual Tour, and how that would compare to the C&C in terms of riding position, quality, etc.? I figure the Corbin is kind of close to the C&C in terms of design and materials.

Edited to add: Can the C&C seat be locked to the bike? One of the Corbin's best selling points is that it can be locked to the bike. If I'm spending $600 or so on a seat, I'd like it to be somewhat theft proof.

Last edited by rauchman; 05-11-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:09 AM
b1gj0n44
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

This post is perfect timing! Thanks for taking the time... Pretty much sold me on this seat

Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I have one it only goes on with passengers, I ditched the silly rack though, no need for it. Even if I do travel it's solo and I can fit everything i need for a weekend in the saddlebags and the T-Bags luggage bag.
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
All that bike needs is a sissybar & rack.
A sissybar will hide the pillion "bulbousness."
That's what I did with mine...
rauchman, from what I've gathered the sissybar side plates will not rub on the Sport Tour. My current side plates came off a Wide Glide fender so I had to fabricate them to fit the Super Glide fender, this in turn moved the bar & plates a little over an inch forward. So it actually will rub. I ordered the correct set of side plates for the year and fender and they'll be here Friday. Before going full on Sport Tour I spoke with Carl '69 whom has the C&C Sport Tour and a sissy bar, he informed me they don't rub the seat. This finalized my sale. I do like the looks of the Squareback but the comfort for my passenger is priority #1.

Originally Posted by rauchman
Very much appreciate this info. Having a Switchback, I'd need to go with the Squareback vs. the Sport Tour. Reason being, the sissybar would rub and squish up against the Sport Tour. I haven't yet found "the" seat, but a C&C may be my next attempt at finding *** love nymph nirvana. Any experience with the backrest? How does it actually mount to the seat? Comfort?

By chance, do you have any experience with the Corbin Classic or Dual Tour

Edited to add: Can the C&C seat be locked to the bike? One of the Corbin's best selling points is that it can be locked to the bike. If I'm spending $600 or so on a seat, I'd like it to be somewhat theft proof.

rauchman (05-11-2016)
Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,791 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
rauchman, from what I've gathered the sissybar side plates will not rub on the Sport Tour. My current side plates came off a Wide Glide fender so I had to fabricate them to fit the Super Glide fender, this in turn moved the bar & plates a little over an inch forward. So it actually will rub. I ordered the correct set of side plates for the year and fender and they'll be here Friday. Before going full on Sport Tour I spoke with Carl '69 whom has the C&C Sport Tour and a sissy bar, he informed me they don't rub the seat. This finalized my sale. I do like the looks of the Squareback but the comfort for my passenger is priority #1.

Appreciate the info. Dimensionally, the FLD is a little different in the placement of the sissybar relative to other Dyna's. I had to have Corbin taper the rear of the pillion inwards a little, otherwise it would hit the sissybar.

Quick Reply: C&C Sport Tour & Squareback.