Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley challenge coin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts
Default Harley challenge coin?

Walked into my dealer today to pick up some parts, and the GM called out to me: "Mike. Come to my office before you leave, I got something for you". So I figured it was my free T-shirt, which I never got. Turned out to be a coin for the LR-S bearing the production number.

Guess if I go into a Harley bar full of sportster owners and pull it out, I drink for free?

Old 04-15-2016, 05:48 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I have a bunch of gsxr1000 and hayabusa coins from my zook days....wanna trade?

Old 04-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

That's cool! So you got #2016, what a coincidence

Old 04-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
That's cool! So you got #2016, what a coincidence
It actually has the production number along the edge in gen-u-wine gold lettering. Just like those wheels! And it's only in the hundreds, Suede!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:25 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 905 Likes on 587 Posts

Wow. I think that's pretty cool. All I have are cheesy Poker Chips, lol

Old 04-15-2016, 08:27 PM
Andy02
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wondering which trumps which, any one my military challenge coins or your H-D one?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:46 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 905 Likes on 587 Posts

I may have missed it, but I didn't see where this was about trumping anything.....just a pretty cool coin a fellow rider wanted to share. I dig it.

Originally Posted by Andy02
Just wondering which trumps which, any one my military challenge coins or your H-D one?

Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Rick's Ultra
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Challenge Coin Rules

1. Rules of the coin game must be given or explained to all new coin holders.

2. The coin MUST be carried at all times. You can be challenged for it anywhere, at any time. You must produce the coin without taking more than 4 steps to produce it.

3. When challenging, the challenger must state whether it is for a single drink or a round of drinks.

4. Failure to produce a coin, for whatever reason, results in a bought round or single drinks (whatever the challenger stated). This type of transaction could be expensive, so hold onto your coin. Once the offender (coinless challengee) has bought the drink or round, they can't be challenged again.

5. If all that are challenged produce their coins, the challenger loses and must buy the drinks for all respondents. This too can be expensive, so challenge wisely.

6. Under no circumstances can a coin be handed to another in response to a challenge. If a person gives their coin to another, that person can now keep the coin -- it's theirs!!! However, if a person places the coin down and another person picks it up to examine it, that is not considered giving and the examiner is honor-bound to place the coin back where they got it. The examiner can't challenge while they hold another's coin. After negotiating a "reasonable" ransom", the examiner must return the member's coin.

7. If a coin is lost, replacement is up to the individual. A new coin should be acquired at the earliest opportunity -- losing a coin and not replacing it doesn't relieve a member of his or her responsibilities. This is especially true if your fellow CPO's know that you traditionally carry a coin.

8. There are no exceptions to the rules. They apply to clothed or un-clothed. One step and an arms reach are allowed.

9. A Coin is a Coin. They are not belt buckles, key chains or necklaces. Coins worn in a holder around the neck are valid.

10. The coin should be controlled at all times. Giving a coin to just anyone is like opening a fraternity to just anyone. It is an honor to be given a coin, let's keep it that way. A given or awarded coin is of more personal value than a purchased coin.

11. No holes may be drilled in a coin.

12. The above rules apply to anyone who is worthy to be given/awarded a coin, has a purchased coin, or who is known to be a previous coin holder.

In 2009, the Harley Owners Group (HOG) created and made available its own challenge coin to Harley-Davidson motorcycle owners through the HOG members only website, stating: "Those who ride Harley-Davidson motorcycles share a bond in much the same way as those who have served their country with pride. Carrying a H.O.G. National Challenge Coin in your pocket, on your bike or off, is a meaningful way to show your pride of Harley-Davidson ownership—while also paying tribute to those who serve." The HOG National Challenge coin, measures 1.75 inches (44 mm) in diameter and is minted in US from solid brass alloy with an antique finish. The HOG eagle logo is stamped on the coin. The Harley-Davidson bar and shield logo encircled with the words "the official riding club of Harley-Davidson" is stamped on the back.

Last edited by Rick's Ultra; 04-15-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Andy02
You'd get a drink.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-15-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Andy02
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
I may have missed it, but I didn't see where this was about trumping anything.....just a pretty cool coin a fellow rider wanted to share. I dig it.
Everywhere I have been, the "rules" have evolved from what is posted above. Because so many carried them for a while, it turned from those who had one to those who's ranked highest getting a beer. I have two that I have carried most. One from a Sq in Korea where the only way to get a coin was to be a part of the Sq. Since the Sq was first stood up, the coins (originally chits similar to a dog tag) were numbered and there is a ledger that you must sign. The number of your coin corresponds to where you signed in the ledger. Because it is a numbered coin, it ranks higher among just your standard Sq coin but ranks lower among an awarded coin. Therefore, I started carrying a coin awarded to me by the Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee. Even then, I have been trumped a couple of times by someone awarded a Presidential coin.

Quick Reply: Harley challenge coin?