Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley challenge coin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Andy02
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
You'd get a drink.
I would buy you one right afterwords because I really dig your coin.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:59 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 905 Likes on 587 Posts

Then I respectfully retract my comment, I had no idea there was anything like this. I simply thought this was a type of commemorative coin for the motorcycle MChad purchased. I learned a lesson today....2 actually Thanks.

Originally Posted by Andy02
Everywhere I have been, the "rules" have evolved from what is posted above. Because so many carried them for a while, it turned from those who had one to those who's ranked highest getting a beer. I have two that I have carried most. One from a Sq in Korea where the only way to get a coin was to be a part of the Sq. Since the Sq was first stood up, the coins (originally chits similar to a dog tag) were numbered and there is a ledger that you must sign. The number of your coin corresponds to where you signed in the ledger. Because it is a numbered coin, it ranks higher among just your standard Sq coin but ranks lower among an awarded coin. Therefore, I started carrying a coin awarded to me by the Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee. Even then, I have been trumped a couple of times by someone awarded a Presidential coin.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
Then I respectfully retract my comment, I had no idea there was anything like this. I simply thought this was a type of commemorative coin for the motorcycle MChad purchased. I learned a lesson today....2 actually Thanks.
Well a commemorative coin is all it only is, of course. I only used the term "challenge coin" cause I know what they are, and it's similarly styled...

Old 04-15-2016, 10:13 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Presidential, reminds me of a story of years ago... but I'll skip the details; so there I was, hanging out with a buddy who scored some humble quarters on Ft. McNair, he steps out, calls me on the phone shortly there after, tells me to go for a run, so's I go run.

I'm trotting along, the Potus and his entourage by coincidence are running at the same moment, coming against me on the road (all this takes place on post of course), I hail the Potus with a smile and what else "Good Morning Sir", he greets me back "Hey how you doing"! I spoke to a President and he spoke back to me

Sadly, all my claims to fame are of the fame of others who I have brushed with

And now back to coins

Old 04-15-2016, 10:23 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Nice Suede. Which one? (To determine how impressed I am)

Old 04-15-2016, 10:24 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,197 Likes on 3,375 Posts

All I got was the bill for my S

Old 04-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Think it was cause it was the first one the dealer sold?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Nice Suede. Which one? (To determine how impressed I am)
Don't be, he was just a prez, not anyone special

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Well, if there is such a coin for every bike and if your dealer for whatever reason doesn't produce it or know of it, call Moco up and ask for it.

Mchad, do these bikes come with some document with a special number of it's place in the build line?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:40 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,197 Likes on 3,375 Posts

Think it was cause it was the first one the dealer sold?
Could be. They got 2 in here, I hemmed and hawed for 2 hours...they both evaporated when I called back to say I would take one. They had to go 600 miles to pick mine up in the state next door. Contestant #1 must have got the coin

Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Mchad, do these bikes come with some document with a special number of it's place in the build line?
I don't think so? I'll take a look in the folder manana. I'm about to hit the rack.

The coin has a number "9xx" rolled on the edge, so I just assumed it was a production number, but what the hell do I know lol.

Quick Reply: Harley challenge coin?