Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Robsmith
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Exhaust question

Hey everyone, I need some help finding the OEM exhaust system for my bike. I have an 08 FXDWG Aniversary edition. I have Vance and Hines short shots on her right now, but I'm in Germany and the pipes are too loud. I need to get under 95 decibels with the engine revved. I can really only do that with factory pipes.

Anyways, I've tried searching online and I get a bunch of conflicting part numbers or after market hits which I don't want. Can anyone get me the part number for my factory exhaust system. I need the whole system, not just the mufflers. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Old 04-12-2016, 04:17 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Take a look here

There are a lot of part numbers on a oem exhaust system, best to look for someones take offs.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:09 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 459 Likes on 358 Posts

For some reason ynots link above would not open for me. Here is another link with all the part numbers, as he said there are a lot of part numbers for the OEM exhaust and if you can find a take off that would be your best bet
http://www.stcharlesharleydavidson.c...UST|~SYSTEM\GP

Old 04-12-2016, 11:52 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 773 Posts

You can also find complete stock exhaust take offs on ebay.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:56 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 908 Likes on 588 Posts
Old 04-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Robsmith
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I've seen that diagram with the part numbers, I was hoping there was a part number for the whole system. Apparently not. So if I were to get some take offs, would I be able to throw any 2008 dyna model pipes on mine or would it have to be specifically off a wide glide? Any thoughts?

Old 04-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

I wonder what a supertrapp supermeg puts out with the closed end cap. It's pretty quiet. I just traded mine in, so I can't measure. I know robbyville has the same one, I wonder if he's a home theater geek with a spl meter like I am...

Old 04-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would strongly suspect any Dyna pipes from that year or close to it would fit.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:27 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,407 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Robsmith
Thanks for the replies. I've seen that diagram with the part numbers, I was hoping there was a part number for the whole system. Apparently not. So if I were to get some take offs, would I be able to throw any 2008 dyna model pipes on mine or would it have to be specifically off a wide glide? Any thoughts?
Answer, yes. Also any 06-07. And most any after that. If they are the typical 2-2 systems they will bolt up.
Ft Bobs and Switchbacks have a different system, but I think they would still bolt up.The only difference with the Wideglide is in the front shield. It does not have the indentation for the center peg that the others have and that need not be a concern.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I wonder what a supertrapp supermeg puts out with the closed end cap. It's pretty quiet. I just traded mine in, so I can't measure. I know robbyville has the same one, I wonder if he's a home theater geek with a spl meter like I am...
If in Germany its like in Spain, and probably it is (European union crap), it must not only get below a set decibels, but it also needs to be EU approved.

Quick Reply: OEM Exhaust question