Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowrider front wheel play?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:42 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 906 Likes on 587 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way bro, but I'm sure a big percentage of back yard mechanics don't know how to use a dial indicator, let alone own one. T's doing the right thing by having his local shop do some of the work for him.

Originally Posted by Tommy C
The timkens have to be shimmed to achieve the proper end play. The factory doesn't always get them right. Remove the brake caliper first & check the end play with a dial indicator. You can't get an accurate measurement with the caliper in place.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 PM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I'd be lost on that one I'm more of learn by watching and even then don't have the right tools for that...but I got bike back and they figured out accelerator pump was bad and he fixed that but did not replace jets he is under impression since it had slip on already was probably already rejetted well I think it still needs it bike is running better but need to find good Harley mechanic this guys mostly works on victory motorcycles they have another mechanic but guy was out of town. Parts guy said he would get me number of good mechanic we will see I guess. Enough ranting I can ride it like it is for now no more missing just lots of popping on decel. Well I guess I'm ranting but this is problem with living in small town no Indy shops. And even though I like Harley bikes I'm not a fan of the Hd dealerships I feel like they charge way too much for my income bracket.