Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
d_jester13
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens

Dyna's are for the ride and softails are for the looks. It's a personal matter. A softail has a cleaner look to it, but it's not a soft ride (ok, softer than a hardtail). I ride everyday, so I have to take that into consideration. I ride over 300 miles each way to a couple of rallys every year with some friends. All of us on dynas or touring bikes are riding, and all of us on softails run support and trailer their bikes. I guess it speaks for itself.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

thats another thing that piises me off. some bikers give you that look when you wear a helmet as i do..fugem . [sm=rant.gif]
i wear what i want and i do what i want..geez !!

what ever happened to the biker creed.just ride and chill !!! like when i had my sporty.one of my a$$hole neighbors said " i don't know about those dang sportsters"....i do not remember asking his stupid opinion. all he does isget sh$tfaced.then hit the bars. this crap is a real sore topic with me. [:@] btw.my neighbor is a bagger. [sm=shootshoot.gif] seems to be a pattern around here.

sorry " rant off"

Old 05-16-2007, 03:51 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just do the track speeds and see where it comes out. 07 Dyna is just a little fast all around.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

bout ready to go back to my honda 50cc of years ago.LOL.. just kidding ! no way would i get rid of dyna-mite. hey.cool name for a bike. i am a madman.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
beabob
Cruiser

maybe I'm lucky but I only get some good natured joking (least I think it's good natured lol - but now after reading this, maybe there is more to it !).

Seriously tho....I bought mine just cuz..well just cuz.... I like it and I don't care who thinks what.....

Old 05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

NiteRider,

I missed the Miracle Ride this year.

Plan on doing the Dream Ride for Special Olympics in August - You going?

Anyways, the group I ride with consists of 2 Road Kings, 3 Ultra Classics, and my Low Rider.

One of the Ultra owners kept asking me if my bike was some type of Sportster or Night Train. After about 5 times of telling him (over the course of several months) the differences betweenthe Sportster. Dyna, and Softtail lines, I just started saying it's a Spotster model with Night Train options. He stopped asking after a couple times.

There are a lot ot bike snobs out there.

BTW,I missed the Miracle Ride this year.

Plan on doing the Dream Ride for Special Olympics in August - You going?

Sammi

Old 05-16-2007, 04:06 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

" Tommorrow may rain...so I'll follow the sun" i like it ! gotta be a beatles freak like me,eh ? if you like the beatles. you ok man.

sorry,that has nothing to do with bikes.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven’t had that second class feeling, but then over the 95inch and Thunderheader it’s hard to hear what’s said behind me. Besides, only I can make my self feel second class, they can’t. To me Dynas are the real Harley look. They are loads of fun to ride, fastand very versatile. They are theMustang GTs of Harley (yes, there is a Shelby line of Harley too). Every class is different from the others, each has it’s own advantage but with that advantage there is usually a disadvantage. Motor is balanced but less power. It’s faster but less comfortable, it’s got it all but it’s a boat, it’s more nimble in the curves but smaller/less long distance comfort. It’s all in what you are looking for and what you want it to do.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:13 PM
gorilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at Arlen Ness' production bikes. They build their frame based on the dyna. "A custom builder using exposed shocks!" you say? Yeah! Looks great and rides great. Now I ask you, would Arlen use a second class anything???

Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

The typical response I got when I told friends that I bought a Harley was "Tell me you didn't buy a Sportster?"

The second response after they saw it was "What kind of Harley is that?

Quick Reply: Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens