Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
sportster/dyna
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, I would never consider a soft tail but it is all choice of what you want. I have owned an FLH and sportys, the swing arm frame to me makes the most sense and form follows function. I rode my hot rodded sporty with struts for a couple of years, dug the look and the ride but the handling was not as good. My FLH had the four speed frame and was just beautiful. I am buying a new glide this year, never considered anything else. Nothing agianst the heavier big twins or the nimble sportys, the glide, to me, seems like the best considered bike in Harley's lineup. When you think about how the riders of other brands put down Harley Davidson, we should stick together.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I've owned a Sportster and a Dyna. I have been on 2 Softails and did not like the feel of them. But frankly, I really don't see a difference in the two models other than the springs. Like everything else in life, people make too much out of it.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion? 2 wheels are 2 wheels. What looks better is a matter of opinion, what is overall a lesser or better bike, also an opinion. Many people out there have sportsters, and wouldn't trade theirs for the world. And in terms of what is faster, I don't think that a faster quarter mile makes a better overall bike, the whole package and how well it suits the needs of the rider does. And if anyone wants to quibble over faster track or quarter mile times, than I might have to get my CBR 900rr out and make 'em all feel like they're standing still, LOL.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
hogsport
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
My opinion? 2 wheels are 2 wheels. What looks better is a matter of opinion, .
+1

I you can't be with the one you love, Ride the one you're with!