Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
dan69co
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens

If I wanted to ride a rolling sofa I would have bought one. You buy what appeals to your eye and my dyna is the ticket. Doesnt matter what others think. I heard all this crap when I had my sporty. You need a bigger bike. Got a bigger bike that fits my riding style. If I want to cruise a couple hundred miles or if I want to putt around town I can do just that. Got freinds with Road Glides and Street Glides. Both say they really like my ride. Wish they had one also, but their riding style is different than mine. If they think for a minute that I cant keep up with them , they are sadly mistaken. It will always be the same, my bike is better than yours bull###t. The idea is to ride, and have fun doing it. Too many people worry too much about status. Riding my Dyna till the wheels fall off!!

Old 05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted a night train but after riding my street bob I would not get one I love the way this bike rides and the guts it has when you want even stock it will move when I want it to and I rode it 700 miles the first weekend I had it and 500 was all in one day. I never listen to what other people say cause its just what they like I am grown and make my own mind up about things. I still like the way the night train looks but I like the street bob better it looks good and handles good.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:12 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

Wait.....HD makes another line of bikes?

Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Phil K
Road Captain

I don't know about the 2nd class citizen thing, but i do see many more baggers around here...with riders of all ages on 'em...than i do Dynas. Must be the bigger is better mentality.I guess it just takes riders of discerning taste and superior character to appreciate the finest HD has to offer! As for myself, i couldn't be happier with my Dyna.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Psycho
Road Master

The baggers aren't any bigger, they've just got more crap stuck to them. The wide glide has a longer wheelbase than any of the baggers, and the wheelbase on the rest of the dyna's is at least similar to most of the touring models.

At any rate, I'm guilty of a little inter-brand HD snobbery myself I suppose, as I don't consider the softail lineup to be "real" harleys. Balanced engines, and a soft rear that is trying to look like something it's not just doesn't do anything for me. What makes it even funnier, is the softail guys at the meets turning their nose up to the dyna and sporty riders, when it's the softail riders that are riding the real "poser" bikes.

At any rate, ride what you want, ride what you like, and don't give a f'ck about what anyone else, including me, thinks about it. Far as I'm concerned, MY opinion is meaningless when it comes to what YOU want to ride.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
gorilla
Cruiser

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the v-rod. I always hear from v-rod guys that they are treated like second class harleys. Not by me, I like the VRSC family. Bottom line is, no harley is better than another. Different strokes for different folks!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain

V-rod, I love the engine. Love the water cooling. Love the Front and Rear suspensions. Love the brakes.

Hate the styling. Hate the riding position (Even the Nightrod is borderline crap for riding position)

If I don't like to look at it or ride it, I will not own it. But I sure wish they would put that motor in my Dyna....lol.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:08 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

to each his own.like said before. to me the v-rod is like a crotch rocket.i don't think the ysell much around here.one days ride on one of those would lay me up with a kicked out back.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:41 PM
rockstar_josh
Cruiser

Man, I never get this... I get ignored by softail guys, but usually they're the wannabe badass biker types. I wear a helmet, too, and there's no helmet laws in AZ, so the two schools of thought are you're stupid for not wearing one or you're a p***y if you do. So I don't know if it'sa Dyna thing or an appearance thing, but either way I don't give a crap. I gotthe Harley I want and I love it. I don't see many others on the road. I will, however, testify thatI had a Sportster and one guy asked my girlfriend if it was her bike! IT seemed like an insult, but it'sa pretty damn funny insult when you think about it!

Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
tinker1
Road Captain

the dyna is a lighter bike than a softail. hence the performance edge.

Quick Reply: Dyna Models are 2nd Class Citizens