Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Custom Design Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016 | 11:43 AM
bigbadpoppa
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Not to come off like a dick, and maybe you've made up your mind...but maybe that should tell you something?
you totally lost me *confused*. Not sure what your implying.

Tried calling Corbin, was on hold for 20mins after the reception transferred the call to a sales rep, so I gave up that route.

Tried to email to their "Generic" email address, I suspect that email just got lost in some abyss email queue.

All I'm probing for is for people that own Corbin seats, not too many product reviews on this. If I'm going to spend some good coin on a seat, like others I just want to make an educated decision and try to get a setup that works for my riding.

Sharing is caring.

Old 04-14-2016 | 11:59 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
you totally lost me *confused*. Not sure what your implying.

Tried calling Corbin, was on hold for 20mins after the reception transferred the call to a sales rep, so I gave up that route.

Tried to email to their "Generic" email address, I suspect that email just got lost in some abyss email queue.

All I'm probing for is for people that own Corbin seats, not too many product reviews on this. If I'm going to spend some good coin on a seat, like others I just want to make an educated decision and try to get a setup that works for my riding.

Sharing is caring.
I guess what I am implying is that if you are having such a hard time now with a question about a purchase, think about the hard time you will have if there is ever a problem with it.

I had a god awful experience with them. Lots of others on this forum have as well. Your experience may be different and if you go that route, I hope it is.

If you want a good seat, try Mustang (my recommendation). Lepera was outstanding to work with and they will make whatever you want. Can't say enough good things about how nice it was dealing with them.

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:03 PM
bigbadpoppa
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by izzyryder
I guess what I am implying is that if you are having such a hard time now with a question about a purchase, think about the hard time you will have if there is ever a problem with it.

I had a god awful experience with them. Lots of others on this forum have as well. Your experience may be different and if you go that route, I hope it is.

If you want a good seat, try Mustang (my recommendation). Lepera was outstanding to work with and they will make whatever you want. Can't say enough good things about how nice it was dealing with them.
Ahhh gotcha! I was completely oblivious that they have a history of bad customer service. Good to know, I find the search engine on this forum not as intuitive as other forums that I have been on. During my research on old threads, I never caught this (probably because I missed some threads in my search).

Thanks for the info, time to turn my eye back to the other brands you listed. I do own a mustang currently, not a big fan of it...but that's maybe cause of the Roland Sands Design. Thing is a deathtrap for any ride over 1hr.

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:15 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Ahhh gotcha! I was completely oblivious that they have a history of bad customer service. Good to know, I find the search engine on this forum not as intuitive as other forums that I have been on. During my research on old threads, I never caught this (probably because I missed some threads in my search).

Thanks for the info, time to turn my eye back to the other brands you listed. I do own a mustang currently, not a big fan of it...but that's maybe cause of the Roland Sands Design. Thing is a deathtrap for any ride over 1hr.
Yeah the RSD branded mustang seems to be a little more look over funtion. I have a mustang fastback on my dyna, and a mustang vintage solo on my softail, and love both.

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:50 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

My two cents: The only way to buy a Corbin seat is to luck into a used one that you like. I have one that I bought on eBay several years ago on my Triumph, and it's a really nice seat. HOWEVER, I've never gotten any kind of response from them when shopping for a new seat, and it's just not worth the hassle to me. Last year I had LePera build a full-leather Daytona two-up for my FXDX with some stitching and different materials, and they were extremely responsive to work with and the craftsmanship is excellent. It was pricey, though...

...but I guess I don't own motorcycles out of a sense of fiscal responsibility...

Old 04-14-2016 | 01:04 PM
bigbadpoppa
|
Road Master

money is definitely not a factor when it comes to comfort. I don't mind spending big bucks for a well ergonomic seat. I already blew a wack on suspension, what's another $500?

#GottaPayToPlay

Old 04-14-2016 | 01:21 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Old 04-15-2016 | 01:17 AM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Army

C&C. Good stuff for reasonable $ & great to work with.

Old 04-15-2016 | 07:34 AM
jpace024
Road Master

Go through BMC if you want one. They have a great reputation on Instagram from what I can tell and they have all custom options on their website. I have heard dealing with Corbin directly is a nightmare.

http://bmc-motorcycle-co.mybigcommerce.com/

Old 04-17-2016 | 08:46 AM
Switchback12
Road Master

Let's see your custom corbin seats. 2up and solo! What a sick website. It allows you to customize your seat designs and prints. Let's use this as an inspiration gallery and my selfish purpose for ideas.
I had a good experience with Corbin from the initial email, receiving leather samples to ordering and receiving. My second Corbin, first was years ago in the early 90s, have been using mustang touring solos but wanted a slimmer look and brown seat, tried the mustang day tripper and it was the worst seat I had ever experience, killed my tail bone, I was shocked.

Quick Reply: Corbin Custom Design Seats