Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for 2006 DYNA

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:39 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust for 2006 DYNA

In my opinion, you should buy the SERT. I've got SEII slip-ons, SE/AC and the download. Bike is still lean in the midrange. It ran great with just the slip-ons and the download, when I added the AC, it was lean. Plus with the SERT, you get the capability to do other mods down the road. SERT is money well spent.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:59 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running the SEII pipes, SE A/C, and 150 dollar factory D/L now for a bit over 250 miles. I just checked my plugs. A tad lean. I mean a TAD. No biggy. I think anyone would be all right with just the D/L unless they wanted to do more than just slip ons and A/C.

Am I wrong here????

Old 01-04-2006, 07:11 PM
WillieC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is killing me.....Where are you all getting these 06 SEII's??? They have HD slip ons out, but from what I can tell from research and talkingto dealer/mechs, there are no SEII2 for the 06???????? Do the say SE II on the slip on????
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
Any slipon built for the Dyna from 1995 to 2005 will fit on the 2006 models.
Normally you can find a good pair on Ebay for around $100.00.
I have a pair on mine right now which are SEII

WillieC

Old 01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
grizzly
Road Master

Screaming Eagle 2006 Catolog.

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® PRO II
SLIP-FIT MUFFLERS – DYNA
A. Baloney Cut – Chrome
80258-99A Fits ’95-later Dyna models.
EFI models require ECM
recalibration through applicable
calibration cartridge or through
EFI Race Tuner Kit. See EFI Race
Tuner Kit fitment or calibration
matrix for possible application. $229.95
B. Slash Down – Chrome
80293-99A Fits ’95-later Dyna models.
EFI models require ECM
matrix for possible application. $229.95
C. Baloney Cut – Black Coated
80331-99A Fits ’95-later Dyna models.
EFI models require ECM
matrix for possible application. $209.95
D. Slash Down – Black Coated
80334-99A Fits ’95-later Dyna models.
EFI models require ECM
matrix for possible application. $209.95

The Slip ons from 95 up all fit. I have the slash downs. Sound great. I had to wait until about three weeks ago for the correct down load cartridge, but it was worth the wait. I got the pipes, d/l and the SE high flow A/C. The "HD" slip ons dont sound much different than stock pipes. The SEII s have a nice rumble but nothing to obnoxious. My Sporty has V&H pipes...LOUD.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:15 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

ORIGINAL: grizzly

I have been running the SEII pipes, SE A/C, and 150 dollar factory D/L now for a bit over 250 miles. I just checked my plugs. A tad lean. I mean a TAD. No biggy. I think anyone would be all right with just the D/L unless they wanted to do more than just slip ons and A/C.

Am I wrong here????
You're probably not wrong. It all depends on how picky you are about your bike. If you aren't noticing any flat spots throughout the throttle range, and you aren't picking up on any spark knock retardation, then stay with the download. My bike runs great from about 3000 rpm to WOT. It also runs good from idle up to about 2500 rpm. There is one spot though where it's just flat and even the exhaust note changes. (I have no tach, so am just guessing about the actual rpms.). basically it is a flat spot in the midrange. From what I read in the SERT manual, a lean condition can cause the knock sensors to retard the timing at the rpm the condition occurs. I suspect it's lean everywhere, but it's real bad in one spot. To be honest, I could probably leave it like it and never have any problems... but it bugs me, so I am buying a SERT and correcting it. I am also concerned about operating temps once summer arrives. A lean bike will run a lot hotter than a properly tuned bike.

It's a boring read, but there is a lot to be learned in the SERT manual. There is just so much you can do with a SERT.. it's a pretty amazing tool. I think I'd still want one even if my bike was running perfectly. If you like computers and you like to tinker with your bike, then the SERT is a great tool.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:56 AM
haksaw
Road Master

has anyone tried the power commander with the 02 sensor elimators?

http://www.powercommander.com/811-511.shtml

Old 01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

ORIGINAL: haksaw

has anyone tried the power commander with the 02 sensor elimators?

http://www.powercommander.com/811-511.shtml
I looked at that and I think the only advantage would be to run exhausts that don't come with the bung for the 02 sensors. For some reason, there is a perception that 02 sensors are a bad thing and that's not really true. They are just a tool that gives info to the ECM so it can make adjustments. They are narrow band sensors, so any adjustment is small, but in a closed loop system, even a small adjustment can make a difference. If you want to run pipes that don't have a bung, you can have them welded in pretty cheap.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
claydbal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i will say it again: the factory downloads are still lean. with just exhaust mods youare lean. add intake mods And you are lean.
we have two dynos, an environmental lab and have done hours of testing.
if you get power commander, it works ok, but you need it in addition to the download as the power commandeer does not raise your rev limit.
sert or thundermax are the only options!
don't believe me? do a plug read if you know how after intake aND PIPE MODS WIth the download and you will find you are lean.
opperative word here is: you guessed it! LEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
grizzly
Road Master

Lean yes, but EFI bikes are Lean out of the box. You are ranting and raving about these horrible lean conditions. If your bike runs a little lean it is no big deal. If you have Slip ons, a highflow A/C and get the factory DL, your gonna be alright. The SERT is nice to have I agree, but not a real requirment unless your doing even more engine work oter than a simple stage one.

With that said, each bike runs a little different levelwith the new EFI system. Simply put, some bikes are running leaner than others factory stock. The same D/L on my bike that is running fine for example, is not running as well on JamieWG bike. As you can read from his post he is getting some problems around 3000 RPM. If you have his problem you may need a SERT.

SO to SUM it up, yes it is confusing. You may be good with a D/L, you may have to get the SERT, but to say that no kidding every bike HAS to get a SERT is NOT CORRECT. I would suggest this. Before you do a Stage one, take a look at your plugs. If they look great, your bike is probably not on the lean side, and you should be good with just the D/L. If you are lean already then you may want to go with the SERT. ( Jamie I would bet your bike was running a bit to lean out of the box, and if the D/L still was not enough to get into a good place) If you plan on doing more engine work down the road after the Stage one, go with the SERT either way.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: rde

I'm a newbie to HD. I just bought an 06 Wide Glide this week.

Exactly what do you get with a stage 1 download, SE muffler, and an SE AC? I understand you will get a better sound, increased performance, but just how much of an increased performance are we talking about? Is it really noticeable?
Please be aware that there are SE components and SEII components. The SE (sometimes called SEI's) are in the regulat parts catalogue. Very wuiet and minimal power boost. IMHO. The SEII's are found in the Screaming Eagle catalogue. (Note: They are marked with crossed racing flags and a warning that they are not for street use...this is to most of us bullsh*t and EPA CYA language). Most, if not all of the discussion here refers to the SEII's. This is what is normally referred to as a Stage I. The pipes have a very nice sound and although I did not have my bike dyno'd before and after (I had them put on before delivery), they are supposed to add 8 - 10 hp (and that's with the download). A nice little boost for the money and much better sound. IMHO, the SEI package is not worth the money. Just my $.02 Hope it helps. Art

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 2006 DYNA