Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for 2006 DYNA

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 03:55 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust for 2006 DYNA

The SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) allows you to modify the programing of your ECM when ever you want to.

When you hook it up to your system and run the software it bonds itself to your ecm so it can't be used on any other motorcycle.

You really don't need this unless you intend to try various parts configurations or intend to try different configurations to your fuel and timing.

If you install the pipes and air cleaner you need to have the Stage I download done. The FI engines are set lean for EPA considerations, when you install the air cleaner and pipes you will change the airflow to a point the computer might not be able to compensate.

This will run the engine real lean. This has the capability to burn the valves, and you will not like the performance that you end up with.

By getting the Stage I download you will bring the center point of the curve up to where the performance will improve, torque and rpm because the emc can compensate for fuel air mixtures, and your engine will be happier in the long run.

Most shops will do this for @ $150.

Lee

Old 12-31-2005, 06:21 AM
rocamotacoca
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I get the Power Commander, do I still need the Stage I download?

Old 12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
WildBill76
Tourer

Don't forget the newly enforced EPA rules reguarding tampering with engines, intake,trannys, and exhaust. $10,000 dollars a day fine for everyday you use it on public roads. The rules go back to 1979. But are only now going to be enforced. They also have a rule of only allowing you to build one bike in your lifetime, without getting it EPA certified. This ruling I feel will really hurt small custom Bike shops, and aftermarket companies. Some Dealerships are now turning away customers that have modified their bikes. It is easier For the EPA to bust a Dealership, than bust an individual owner at vehicle inspection stops. These dealerships include Japaneese, and other American made bikes.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Georgia Rider
Cruiser

Just had SE II mufflers and A/C put on my 06 Lowrider by my dealer, Stone Mountain Harley. They used the 1550 download on my bike. Said they had not had any issues since switching to this download.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:15 PM
rocamotacoca
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Georgia Rider

Just had SE II mufflers and A/C put on my 06 Lowrider by my dealer, Stone Mountain Harley. They used the 1550 download on my bike. Said they had not had any issues since switching to this download.

How much did u pay for everything including labor?

Old 12-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Georgia Rider
Cruiser

Jake, I paid $150 for the download,$140 for the a/c , $229 for the slash down SE II mufflers, and $75 labor. Installed the mufflers myself.

Old 12-31-2005, 09:11 PM
rocamotacoca
Intermediate

thanks

Old 12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

RDE,

You will notice improved performance with the SERT. I've also heard great things about the PCIII, but have no direct experience. The nice thing about the SERT is that you have alot more options for future upgrades. You should pick about 8-10 hp with the SERT.

Good luck

Kicks
ORIGINAL: rde

I'm a newbie to HD. I just bought an 06 Wide Glide this week.

Exactly what do you get with a stage 1 download, SE muffler, and an SE AC? I understand you will get a better sound, increased performance, but just how much of an increased performance are we talking about? Is it really noticeable?

Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
MikeO
Advanced

Question?
Is it nessasary to add the A/C when you add the SEII's???

Old 01-03-2006, 05:33 PM
hoggsbreath
Advanced

MikeO -

Personally I think it's a good idea. You are improving the air flow out of the engine so you should do the same for the air going into the engine.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 2006 DYNA