Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED headlight 5 3/4

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 AM
ddelisle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I highly recommend the MotoIllumination light. I currently have the Gen I version and love it. For christmas I got both my dad and his wife the Gen II version for their bikes and they couldn't be happier. I'd like to upgrade to the Gen II myself, just because I like the looks of it a little better.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:59 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Moons here! Good light for cheap.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 PM
rj23xpress
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 3/4 Led bulb

Originally Posted by CJD197
Just got my 5-3/4" bulb from "Kjetdirect". Same as you , I had to grind quite a bit to fit the module in the headlight bucket. Haven't run it yet to compare. I was a bit stumped about what to do with the "canbus" module that comes with these lights. My 1999 bike doesn't need the module, so, since it doesn't fit in the bucket I guess I'll just leave the module out.

Is that what everyone else is doing with the older bikes?
Would you happen to have pics after you had to grind the bulb to make it fit? I just bought that this past week for my my 05 dyna lowrider. I like the light output and yes i didnt have to use the module and works perfectly fine low and high beams. My only problem is that it doesnt fit my bucket.. I started to grind the edges out to make it fit but I want to know how much grinding and exactly how it looked after you were able to make it fit in your bucket. Please help. Thank you in advance!!
RJ

Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 PM
rj23xpress
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi/Lo Beam 5 3/4" LED projector

Originally Posted by dyna-chris
Amazon.com: Xprite 5.75" Inch Round 40W Hi/Lo Beam 5 3/4" LED Projector Headlights For Harley Davidson Motorcycle: Automotive

Had to take a die-grinder to it for a while. The fit is tight, but it does fit. Still sorting out some wiring, but I'll post a thread on the weekend about how it looks.
Originally Posted by CJD197
Just got my 5-3/4" bulb from "Kjetdirect". Same as you , I had to grind quite a bit to fit the module in the headlight bucket. Haven't run it yet to compare. I was a bit stumped about what to do with the "canbus" module that comes with these lights. My 1999 bike doesn't need the module, so, since it doesn't fit in the bucket I guess I'll just leave the module out.

Is that what everyone else is doing with the older bikes?
Would you happen to have pics after you had to grind the bulb to make it fit? I just bought that this past week for my my 05 dyna lowrider. I like the light output and it works perfectly fine low and high beams. My only problem is that it doesnt fit my 5 3/4" bucket.. I started to grind the edges out to make it fit but I want to know how much grinding and exactly how it looked after you were able to make it fit in your bucket. Please help. Thank you in advance!!
RJ

Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts
Default JW Speaker adaptive headlights

8690 [m] $$
8690 [a] $$$
8700 $$$$

i bought the 8690 A. it's the 5 3/4 version of the 8700. i love it.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...ptive-led.html

level

left lean

right lean

Last edited by cvaria; 05-10-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:46 AM
sleazy rider
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sleazy rider
I'm waiting on mine to show up right now. After reading, digging and looking at several options, I went with this. I've heard several good reviews n this one from Sunpie. For $90 on Amazon, you can't beat it.

Amazon.com: 5-3/4" 5.6 inch Harley Davidson Daymaker Projector LED Headlight Lamp Bulb Chrome: Automotive
Mine arrived and got installed quickly. No grinding, cutting or fuss. Plug and play! The difference is very noticeable as the sun sets. I'd buy another if this ever dies.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:18 AM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the gen2 motoillumination light and I don't like it. It puts out less usable light than stock, and the high beam is useless. I've tried adjusting it every which way I can and nothing helps. It's bright as **** when you're looking at it, but the light output on the road is not that great. I'm prob gonna sell it and try one of the daymaker copies or the fuel moto drop in.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:33 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Mine arrived and got installed quickly. No grinding, cutting or fuss. Plug and play! The difference is very noticeable as the sun sets. I'd buy another if this ever dies.
does yours put a very noticeable square of light? I have the same one (the black one but same company) and it puts out a perfectly square beam of light in the center then a flood on the sides.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:16 AM
East_Coast_Dyna_Mike
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by retxpres
Moon's LED

I'm waiting on mine to show up right now. After reading, digging and looking at several options, I went with this. I've heard several good reviews n this one from Sunpie. For $90 on Amazon, you can't beat it.

Amazon.com: 5-3/4" 5.6 inch Harley Davidson Daymaker Projector LED Headlight Lamp Bulb Chrome: Automotive
Originally Posted by reelheavy
I order this light earlier this month, true plug and play. And literally turns night in to day. I could not be more satisfied. I will never own a Harley with out a Daymaker.

They still have free shipping until tomorrow. I got mines in 2 days.

https://www.eaglelites.com/products/...ant=8272276165

Well, it appears these are all the same light at different price points, $90-$200, notice the little spider graphic in the lens housing?

I ordered the black Eagle Lights version off Amazon for the 2-day shipping. It was $200 arrived packaged very well in the Eagle Lights packaging and has the same spider graphic in the lens housing. It is DOT approved if that's important to anyone. The light output is great, the fit is perfect, I'd buy again if the time comes.

Last edited by East_Coast_Dyna_Mike; 05-10-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:32 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

For $300 I would be all OVER that adaptive unit from JW Speaker. We'll see where technology goes in the next year. I'll be a bit until I get far enough to worry about the headlight.

The optics and cooling are everything. Lighting class diodes are ready. They've got the output and color down now. Anybody can buy a half decent diode for $20 (less for chinese source and/or volume buy) and slap it behind a "lens". For useavle, quality illumination and long life you just need to make sure you're getting a headlight assembly with carefully engineered optics and the cooling capacity to keep the diodes in spec.

Last edited by cggorman; 05-10-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: LED headlight 5 3/4