Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 seat on a 97

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Don Lampert
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 08 seat on a 97

Ive seen a lot of threads about modifying an older seat to fit a newer dyna model.

How about a newer seat to fit an older model dyna?

Anyone ever do this? Is it just the mounting tab?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:10 AM
AKFXD
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I bought my bike used and it came with a seat that was from an older bike and didn't fit right.
I bought a seat that did fit right and now know the difference.
The molded plastic on the bottom of the seat is designed to interface with the metal plate above the electrical area and the curve of the fender.
The wrong seat for my bike had protrusions of molded plastic that were in a different shape then the hole in the center of the plate above the electrical area of my bike. It was sort of like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
I could see it being possible that a seat from bike A will fit bike B but the seat from bike B won't fit bike A. I don't know what seats will fit different bikes but I do know that in my case it was more than just the tab that was the problem.
Also, there is the overall length of the seat. The wrong seat might not line up with the mounting location on the fender.
You could always modify the seat to fit. You could cut off the plastic that interferes and do whatever else it takes to make it work.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Don Lampert
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. I dont mind modifying the seat, I just couldnt find enough information to see how possible / time consuming or worth it, it might be.

Thanks for the response.