Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i cant believe it's finally done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:30 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,112 Likes on 2,120 Posts
Default RE: i cant believe it's finally done!

Nice job mike. Keep up the good work.

You say you're finished??

Fruition?? Indeed. Now, build more shet.
(next winter)

mud

ORIGINAL: metal_mike
yep..my winter project [that lasted until may] is finally done!
with the exception of the kuryakyn front signal mounts[backordered]
and the new motion pro "blackout series" clutch cable[also backordered]
id just like to say.. i have no idea what made me think i could take on a project this size and see it to fruition,but,if not for help from many here on the h.d.f, and the supervision of my good friend justin[a harley tech. in annapolis md.] this would not have been possible... so my thanks go to eveyone who has ever posted in a dyna thread for your ideas, thoughts, screw-ups, and experiences.. not to mention boosting my confidence on my powdercoating endeavors...
guess i should list the mods/upgrades..
1st the whole bike was basically stripped down to the frame and motor, added a set of '06-'07 wide glide triple trees[with bob's stock tubes],21"front wheel, progressive suspention front end kit,13"flanders bars, yaffe pistol grip levers,chrome buttons, kuryakyn maltese mirrors, motion pro "blackout series"
cables, & goodridge "ebony series" brake lines...out back, i bobbed the rear fender[including the stock taillight], installed harley's run-turn-brake controller, added a dreamweaver's pro street sidemount taillight/license bracket w/ a model A ford "stop" taillight...& used shorter stand-offs for the rear signals[front and rear signals have chrome bulbs installed as well...]also installed progressive 11" shocks
as for the powdercoating... i did everything myself![god that feels good] and after all was said and done, i ended up doing roughly 150 pieces...and there's still chrome on the bike!!!
list includes: spokes [front and rear],bars,dash, triple trees, fork lowers,turn signals,shock hardware,& strut covers..as well as all associated bolts,washers,etc. all done in "super mirror black"here are some shots i took today...not the best, i'll post more later...
lemme know what you guys think!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:32 AM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had to put a shot of the chrome buttons[in the black housings] i really like this look...

[IMG]local://upfiles/19220/DFF29F8F1FC1442AABDEEEF6B9B9599A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-15-2007, 03:37 AM
metal_mike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

Nice job mike. Keep up the good work.

You say you're finished??

Fruition?? Indeed. Now, build more shet.
(next winter)

mud

ORIGINAL: metal_mike
yep..my winter project [that lasted until may] is finally done!
with the exception of the kuryakyn front signal mounts[backordered]
and the new motion pro "blackout series" clutch cable[also backordered]
id just like to say.. i have no idea what made me think i could take on a project this size and see it to fruition,but,if not for help from many here on the h.d.f, and the supervision of my good friend justin[a harley tech. in annapolis md.] this would not have been possible... so my thanks go to eveyone who has ever posted in a dyna thread for your ideas, thoughts, screw-ups, and experiences.. not to mention boosting my confidence on my powdercoating endeavors...
guess i should list the mods/upgrades..
1st the whole bike was basically stripped down to the frame and motor, added a set of '06-'07 wide glide triple trees[with bob's stock tubes],21"front wheel, progressive suspention front end kit,13"flanders bars, yaffe pistol grip levers,chrome buttons, kuryakyn maltese mirrors, motion pro "blackout series"
cables, & goodridge "ebony series" brake lines...out back, i bobbed the rear fender[including the stock taillight], installed harley's run-turn-brake controller, added a dreamweaver's pro street sidemount taillight/license bracket w/ a model A ford "stop" taillight...& used shorter stand-offs for the rear signals[front and rear signals have chrome bulbs installed as well...]also installed progressive 11" shocks
as for the powdercoating... i did everything myself![god that feels good] and after all was said and done, i ended up doing roughly 150 pieces...and there's still chrome on the bike!!!
list includes: spokes [front and rear],bars,dash, triple trees, fork lowers,turn signals,shock hardware,& strut covers..as well as all associated bolts,washers,etc. all done in "super mirror black"here are some shots i took today...not the best, i'll post more later...
lemme know what you guys think!!!
well i guess theyre never REALLY finished... but,"finished" could also mean no longer do i have 20k scattered all over the floor in my garage! lol..and yeah i'm thinkin' sprung solo seat and cams for next winter....so finished is a relative term i guess...

Old 05-15-2007, 04:34 AM
timdow
Tourer

Looks Great!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:52 AM
metal_mike
Road Warrior

b.t.w. thats a dunlop elite 3 90/90 up front there...and that low-slung stance is due to progressive suspension..1" drop front and back...rear tire is the stock dunlop 160mm. @ 6700 miles it still seems to have quite a bit of life left... most likely gonna go w/ the[dunlop] gt502 180mm. after the summer..maybe sooner burnouts not withstanding

Old 05-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Jake88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike! You have some real talent!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Jman67
Tourer

Man, thats gorgeous. I've always loved the black-out look. Even better that you did it yourself...GREAT job man!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
MaineHD
Cruiser

Mike, Very nice Bob! Good job on the front end.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Fantastic job, my friend! One down note...

I had those same mirrors on my bob. They didn't last long before they pitted AND I finally had to toss them because they would no longer hold their position. The little screw behind/inside the mirror just wouldn't hold them in place. Hope you have better luck with those.

Again, great bike.

Whiff

Old 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
signal
Cruiser

that's awesome!

be very proud..

Quick Reply: i cant believe it's finally done!