Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Street Bob drag bar questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Nannerhammock
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Street Bob drag bar questions

Hi all,

I recently traded in my 2014 Street Glide for a 2016 Street Bob. Just didn't like the touring bike feel. So I'm back to my little bike heritage, albeit with a big engine this time. I've had two sportsers in the past, but I fell in love with an Olive Gold Street Bob this time.

Bought it, few weeks later I take it to Daytona for Bike Week(well weekend as I couldn't get enough time off work)with 35 miles on it. With 134 miles on it, in the parking garage of the hotel I put a set of ShotShots on it, with an Arlen Ness air cleaner and a V&H FP3. Currently has about 200 miles on it. What I would like to do next is put some drag bars on it. Here's the catch; I don't want to use any bigger risers than stock, I don't want to use bars that have a huge amount of pullback, and I don't want bars that are super narrow. It's a tall order I know. The only issue I think I am going to run into is controls hitting the tank if the bars are too narrow. I would go do some investigating/measuring myself, but I'm traveling for work and I'm 400+ miles away from my bike.

My question is for anyone with a newer SB; does anyone have any pictures of their bikes looking down the riser where the bar mounts, to give a perspective of the location of a set of dragbars( straight bars or slight pullback) in relation to hitting the tank? Also, what cables and brake lines would one use for a drag bar installation? I have miniapes on mine now and I plan on drag racing this bike. I know I'm asking for a lot for being a newbie, but I'll be back here a good bit. Or can you post pictures of any of your drag bar setups. I haven't been able to find too much on the newer bikes with low risers and relatively straight bars. Thanks!

Nate

Last edited by Nannerhammock; 03-13-2016 at 07:27 PM.