Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Dyna Good for All Around Use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
MMH
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Is the Dyna Good for All Around Use?

I'm Looking for primarily for a bike that will cruize, along with some spirited riding. Occasionally throw in some solo touring & possibly some track days.
I know that I will get somewhat bias answers here, but is the a Harley Dyna a good all around bike or is it just really a cruiser w/ some touring capability.

I know that I am stretching what any one bike can do well, but it was hard enough to get my wife to agree to me getting one bike - getting several won't happen! My concern is that as I start riding again, I will start riding more aggressively, and will even want to do some track days. The other bike I am beginning to consider is the BMW R1150R. How do you guys think that a Dyna would compare to it?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
hounddog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Dyna Good for All Around Use?

if you wanna track ride the first thing that comes to mind is the sportys. i had the 1200xl and she ripped i didnt even do any motor work just pipes and ac. so with a set of cams and some other sh*t that thing would scream, plus its about 200lbs less than the dyna. i now own a super glide custom and im not so sure id be comfortable laying her hard into a corner and i come from dirt track icebike backround. its heavy and the front supension sucks, however the other stuffs good. its the only thing i own and use to get around. i run freeways at 80+ and hit the mountain curves draggin pipes and pegs. its a pretty agile bike but theres alot of weight to throw around. all around id say youd like the dyna best but the racing kinda depends on what???

Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

2 different bikes. not apples for apples.i can tell you the dyna is a fantastic all around bike !! and i have had many motorcycles !! dyna is my fav of all of them . trust me on this one .

Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Roadrocket
Cruiser

Totally agree with Voyager1. At 62 I've had a bunch of bikes thru the years - meterics & Harleys. If I was told that I had to pick one and it would be the last one, I'd get a Dyna - probably the FXDX I currently have. Also have a RdGlde I love but if only 1 it'd be the Dyna.

JMHO, RR

Old 05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If only one choice it would be a dyna. And I own an 07 Street Glide.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, good all around bike. Great for solo or two up. I've ridden down the block and over 500 mile days and everything in between.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We get around pretty good on our WG's....You can pack those things up and tour....get home and strip it down and blast around town!! Check out Jackyl...I member on this board, he makes tour pack mounts for the Dyna

Old 05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your even thinking about riding on a track I'd get the bimmer.The Dyna is one of the most flexible Harleys you can buy but it's still a Harley.Theyre good for cruising light touring and casual back road corner carving but the R1150R is quicker, lighter, and better handling.If I could handle they're techno industrial art styling I'd own one.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
jtcubed
Intermediate

I now own my first Harley Davidson and I could not be happier with my Street Bob. I did swap out the solo seat however for the occasional passenger. I commute back and fourth to work and find myself taking the long ay home.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29504/2949DF1EFE984BA0AFCB59E459F86CF6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-15-2007, 12:11 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

What I write here will only echo what has already been said...........the Dynas are top-notch all around bikes.

I also have owned many different bikes over the years....been riding since I was six and I'll be forty one next birthday...

The Dynas cruise, corner and tour with the best of em' in my experienced opinion. My set up is like many others...bags, windsheild, luggage rack, tall sissy bar with a Heritage backrest, forward controls...not to mention Stage 1 with other mods that yeilded tremendous power/performance gains.

Simply stated, I can pack for a week of two-up riding and still haul some serious a$$ in comfort and with great handling or I can rip her into curves and run like a scalded dog while my buddies do all they can to keep up.

Best all around Harley in my book.

Quick Reply: Is the Dyna Good for All Around Use?