Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superglide risers mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
HANDLER
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Superglide risers mod

Hey this also sounds interesting. Is there any way we can see a pic of your bike or set up buddy.
mike

ORIGINAL: D Foot

Hey, I found the best option for me was to use a speedo housing and a riser top clamp from an 03 sporty custom, it has the provisions for the idiot lights, cleans it up nicely as well.Check out my picture gallery

Old 05-19-2007, 06:55 PM
ak602
Cruiser

I am looking for options to make the bars just slightly closer as well. Keep the ideas coming.

Aron

Old 05-20-2007, 12:13 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 493 Likes on 195 Posts

I just added 3.5 inch staright risers. While it is not the most elegant solution visibly, I do like the rise and slight additional pullback. It definitely allows me to sit back just a little bit more than the stock setup. Ialso just added a backrest to my bike whichI will most likely only use for long trips.

Thursday morning I am leaving NW Arkansasin order to get to Front Royal,Va by Friday evening (1200 miles) to meet some friends from NY. We will spend Saturday riding the mountains then head back to Dutchess County, NY for 5 days and then backdown to Arkansas the following weekend. I am estimating total miles for the 10 day trip and some additional riding in NY around 3200 miles so this should give me a reallygood idea how confortable this setup will be.

I think whenI get back I will most likely swap out the handlebars for a set of mini apes like on the Street Bob or a set of bars from a Hertiage Softail.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:41 AM
HANDLER
Advanced

I'm not sure what you mean by "additional pullback". Technically, if your risers are straight, there should be no pullback at all just additional rise.
I'm sure some rise will be helpful butto be honest, I think it needs much more pullback than rise.
JMHO
mike

ORIGINAL: SC_Compact

I just added 3.5 inch staright risers. While it is not the most elegant solution visibly, I do like the rise and slight additional pullback. It definitely allows me to sit back just a little bit more than the stock setup. Ialso just added a backrest to my bike whichI will most likely only use for long trips.

Thursday morning I am leaving NW Arkansasin order to get to Front Royal,Va by Friday evening (1200 miles) to meet some friends from NY. We will spend Saturday riding the mountains then head back to Dutchess County, NY for 5 days and then backdown to Arkansas the following weekend. I am estimating total miles for the 10 day trip and some additional riding in NY around 3200 miles so this should give me a reallygood idea how confortable this setup will be.

I think whenI get back I will most likely swap out the handlebars for a set of mini apes like on the Street Bob or a set of bars from a Hertiage Softail.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 AM
HANDLER
Advanced

I like this set up. Is the angle on that mount correct towork with the new pullback and angle of your pullback risers? Also, how did you go about figuring this out? Did you buy the parts new or did you buy them used or salvage? Do you still have the part numbers?
thanks, mike

ORIGINAL: D Foot

Hey, I found the best option for me was to use a speedo housing and a riser top clamp from an 03 sporty custom, it has the provisions for the idiot lights, cleans it up nicely as well.Check out my picture gallery

Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 493 Likes on 195 Posts

ORIGINAL: HANDLER

I'm not sure what you mean by "additional pullback". Technically, if your risers are straight, there should be no pullback at all just additional rise.
I'm sure some rise will be helpful butto be honest, I think it needs much more pullback than rise.
JMHO
mike

ORIGINAL: SC_Compact

Yes the risers are straight however theydo not point straight up but they areangled slightly toward the back of the bike. As a result I believe (I could be wrong) that the bars do come back slightly more than stock. Either way theyseemmore comfortable and theyallow me to lean back a bitmore. This combined with the backrest and it feels like a real winning combo for all day cruising. I've never had a problem with comfort on trips of 200 -300 miles. However 500 plus mile daysdid get a little uncomfortable with the stock seat and handlebars. This will be my first long trip with the Corbin Dual Tour,backrest and longer risers. I'll let you know whenI return back from my trip.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
blueglide88
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: Psycho

If you look at my sig picture, you can get an idea of the rise and pull back from the side. Also, if you want a look at this setup on a bike, just walk into any dealership and take a look at the sportster custom.

The riser is made for the speedo to fit into.

You will need:

Riser for 06' sportster custom. This consists of three parts. Lower riser assembly, Dogbone (part on top with the speedo mount in it) and there is a cover which goes on the inside of the lower riser to cover the wiring. You should be able to walk into any dealer and look at the parts book for an 06' sportster custom, and identify all of these parts. You will also need to order the screws to hold it all together.

You will also need the plastic indicator light assembly. This consists of several parts as well, and will also be easily identifiable in the parts catalog.

Get a front brake line for a street bob. Your stock cable will work. Barely.

And you will need to have the ability to lengthen some of the wiring. Making good solder connections and using shrink wrap is a must.

You will need a fair amount of patience.

You will need a fair amount of cash.

What wiring do you have to splice?