Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My STUPID little hands can't reach the levers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:01 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,763 Likes on 3,119 Posts

I bought the Roland Sands adjustable for my GF's FXDL. She has really dinky hands. They work wonders for her. Lever fitment is a safety issue. Think about it...

Amazon might have the Regulators in stock...

Old 03-08-2016, 08:06 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,637 Likes on 1,181 Posts

One thing to watch for on adjustable levers.... the adjustment mechanism uses up some (a lot on some) real estate. I think the Oberon models are pretty bad for that. Doesn't leave a lot of room left for your fingers.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 03-08-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:25 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kontiki
One day there will be "clutch by wire" and this won't be an issue.
That's no joke.

I've been following the new Haas ( American ) Formula 1 team. At one of their tests they were having trouble with the brake by wire setup.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:17 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard Trump needed adjustable levers

Old 03-09-2016, 12:12 AM
fleshtrombone
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The levers don't have any room for adjustment?

Old 03-09-2016, 11:23 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Similar to those :http://shop.bigalscycles.com/products/shorty-levers
I wanted tiggers like one these (
Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 1029 Trigger Lever: Automotive Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 1029 Trigger Lever: Automotive
), otherwise I'd just saw them off and powdercoat. There's guy on facebook that makes them - costed me $70 - most comfortable setup ever

Originally Posted by damager1
Can you show me these? or link me to a page? Are they Harley or are they aftermarket?

Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

I used small hand grips from a Sporty Low on my Dyna Fat Bob Bars. Helped a lot for me.

Has anyone used the Oberon product for a front brake lever ?
Seems like a good solution for us blessed with small hands.
My local Indy said The Oberon brake lever wouldn't work with the front brake stock switch housing. He advised me not to get it.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

One word: Hondamatic

Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 PM
AKFXD
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not a big dude, and my hands are downright f'n small. Like, glove size Medium.
You may have problems with some levers but I bet you can wrench in places most of us only wish we could.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:02 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

So back in the in the fall, I had some sweet black Wild 1 Chubby's 10 inch mini apes installed on the ol' Superglide 2009. Ever since I did, i've noticed two things: my hands are too small for both my Kuryakyn ISO hand grips AND they struggle to reach both the clutch and brake lever, therefore resulting in fatigue. Mostly on the clutch. Now, since I've owned a Dyna this has ALWAYS been an issue for me, but with the apes i'm noticing it more for sure. Back in my sportster days man it wasn't an issue at ALL. Both levers were very close to the grips and the action was quick. But I realize the Dyna has a totally different clutch pack, and therefore has a bit more travel.

I'm not a big dude, and my hands are downright f'n small. Like, glove size Medium. I can reach the clutch and brake levers, but i'm seriously operating them with the tippity top of 2-3 fingers on both sides. Causes fatigue after a good hour of clutch operation especially in the city.

So, I've been lookin around for solutions. Two things are going to happen... smaller hand grips for one, and then I also found these Oberon ADJUSTABLE levers, that have movement in either direction:
http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/..._Levers-1.html

Anyone have any experience with these or levers LIKE them? I'd like to see if anyone's used them before I drop $100+ per side on em.

I do wish Harley made something like this so I can keep everything in the MoCo, I'm a fan of stock upgrades for the most part lame as that sounds. I can only imagine the gal riders out there with small hands may have similar issues. Of course if they do, maybe they should get BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

That last part was joke. Please, save me from my kitchen fate.
Have had Oberons for two years. Love them. No problems. You may have to glue a piece of rubber on the clutch side if you want to start in gear.
Roger

Quick Reply: My STUPID little hands can't reach the levers!