Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:08 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 382 Likes on 194 Posts

I like the solo side bag. Wifes sportster has one. They make em for dyna's that hang off the fender strut. Consider anything like that?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:10 PM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I do like those but haven't been able to find one reasonably priced and not sure how they attach

Old 03-15-2016, 09:13 PM
fskitch
Road Master

I had one on my Dyna I got a set of raw hide saddle bags and cut them into two-rub enough leather conditioner on them and the get smooth and supple. Zip tied it to the fender strut. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Split-Leathe...oAAOSwoudW31aB I had black ones--these are the first I found on eBay. Natural might look good on yours.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:17 PM
fskitch
Road Master

Found old post

Last edited by fskitch; 03-15-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 PM
fskitch
Road Master

This pic is after a couple layers of leather conditioner--gets better as you add more and more leather conditioner. Bag on left side only so you have a spare--not bad for 20-30 bucks and some elbow grease. I used to be able to fit a bottle of something in behind the ¼ fairing. Even a six pack.

Man! I haven't seen that version of my bike in some time-Hard to believe its the same bike! Thats's the same outer primary too. Took a lot of sweat and bloody fingers to get the outer primary in below pic-I should of just replaced it with polished aluminum.....but I get the bragging rights right?

Last edited by fskitch; 03-15-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:18 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

Beautiful bike fskitch i will be shopping around today and see what i can find.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:50 AM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tcarson84
I'm glad someone had something good to say about the 412's cause everyone else has said they pretty much ride like rigid. I still really like the look but that is something that will have to wait a couple months.

what do you guys think of this bag I almost broke down and bought some saddlebags but just hate the way they look. I saw this one on facebook and decided to check it out JPcycles has them for like 120 dollars or something close to that. Anyways i need somewhere to put my jacket and some tools extra glasses ect. and when i saw this I was like i gotta have that. Its easy on and off check out the video on the website
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/831-...ort-tunnel-bag
got a little extra money thinking about ordering this tomm just wanted some opinions.

On another note won't have bike back til end of week they had to order parts, said they think it was regulator. WTF how do they "think" it was something i thought there were simple tests to figure out what it was. (not simple enough for me LOL but if they can run an electrical meter then they should be able to do it right?) But guy said it wouldnt cost me much I think he knows I will be spending more money there and wants to keep me happy i mean he did just sell me the bike.

Anyways enough rambling let me know what you think of the bag.
Actually thought about getting one of those myself. Ended up going with something bigger since I already have quick detach saddlebags and I needed something with more storage for big trips.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

Anybody got any rear turn signals they aren't using that aren't giant, I know they got cheap ones on ebay but not sure about quality

Old 03-16-2016, 08:27 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by fskitch
I used one of those back in my Pony Express days. I don't see it on yours, but I also had a gun scabbard

Old 03-16-2016, 12:43 PM
fskitch
Road Master

I honestly was going for the messenger bag/pony express look. Riffle scabbard-really in our state. Maybe keep a golf club in it --still get hassled by the "man".

Quick Reply: Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL