Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 07:50 PM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yep steel wool and sponge with green on the back, also had a metal polisher that hooks to drill(just cheap stuff from wal mart), didn't get much of fork legs done will work on them later just cleaned them off a little.

Gonna wait til winter but thinking i will go power coat black on wheels.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:51 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 907 Likes on 587 Posts

Take a look here, theres a few posts that do this, my forks came out ok but they look better the more you sand them down and polish them up.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-clean-up.html

Originally Posted by tcarson84
Those for sliders do look good. how did you go about doing that?

Old 03-08-2016, 06:04 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevos50nuts
I like it man. I can't wait to clean my bike. It's been a long winter collecting dust and adding parts

..."I can't wait to clean my bike"...

Unfortunately, I don't find myself saying that enough...I tend to wait... Remember Patience is a virtue

Old 03-08-2016, 06:21 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Did some riding today. Has me rethinking the forwards controls for now i might just stick with the mids, gotta get some better looking pegs but I'm kinda liking the mids (but my back wasn't so bad today will ride it for a while before i make a decision. Anybody have any highway pegs cheap?

Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 907 Likes on 587 Posts

Glad you got to do some riding, I think you'll come to like the mids more with having the option of stretching out on highway pegs when you want. Good thing bout the mids is that you can take the pressure off your back, (providing you have issues like I do). In the time being you can kick your feet up on the mids to stretch if you have to.
I've got some chrome spare parts, just the footrest supports, I'm sure I have hardware for em too.......if you can find the mounting plates I'm sure someone in here has a set of stock take off pegs they'll sell ya cheap.
Heres a link to the parts.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...g-mounting-kit

Did some riding today. Has me rethinking the forwards controls for now i might just stick with the mids, gotta get some better looking pegs but I'm kinda liking the mids (but my back wasn't so bad today will ride it for a while before i make a decision. Anybody have any highway pegs cheap?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:02 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 382 Likes on 194 Posts

Consider footboards?

Old 03-09-2016, 07:44 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

I had not considered foot boards yet but now you got me thinking will look into it.

On another note. I replaced my battery but the parts store said my old battery was good(i could not get battery to fully charge though and had just charged it before taking it in).

So i might be a little paranoid but this morning the bike did start but sounded kinda like battery was not as strong as should have been. It was cold this morning. What would be a reason a battery would loose charge over night. Battery was solid all day yesterday during several stops. Before and after work, before and after a meeting i went too. But this morning it did not seem to be as strong (had no problem starting) i could just be paranoid but I just want this bike to be reliable and not get stranded somewhere.

No lights were on and ignition is off.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:59 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by fskitch
Consider footboards?
Spew your propaganda elsewhere...

The following users liked this post:
Racqueteer9 (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 12:48 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

also thanks for the offer for the parts for highway pegs i will look and see about the brackets

Old 03-09-2016, 06:25 PM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking

On another note. I replaced my battery but the parts store said my old battery was good(i could not get battery to fully charge though and had just charged it before taking it in).

So i might be a little paranoid but this morning the bike did start but sounded kinda like battery was not as strong as should have been. It was cold this morning. What would be a reason a battery would loose charge over night. Battery was solid all day yesterday during several stops. Before and after work, before and after a meeting i went too. But this morning it did not seem to be as strong (had no problem starting) i could just be paranoid but I just want this bike to be reliable and not get stranded somewhere.

No lights were on and ignition is off.
I could be way off, but if battery is good maybe check your stator and/or regulator?

I will mention we took my wife's Chevy in to have the battery checked (she was having issues) and they said it was fine. More issues and a week later she took it in again and they said it was a bad battery...possible misdiagnoses on the battery shouldn't necessarily be ruled out IMO

Last edited by wyotana; 03-09-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL