Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 07:54 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 907 Likes on 587 Posts

also on the forwards.....how tall are ya? I had them, took them off then actually thought I wanted to do them again, but I like the idea of having mids with the highway pegs. I can still reach the brake and shifter with the heel of my boot while my feet are up there, it's kinda the best of both worlds IMO.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:59 AM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
also on the forwards.....how tall are ya? I had them, took them off then actually thought I wanted to do them again, but I like the idea of having mids with the highway pegs. I can still reach the brake and shifter with the heel of my boot while my feet are up there, it's kinda the best of both worlds IMO.
Good point, I've got forwards on my FXD and my buddy can barely reach the shifter/brake. I know they make reducded reach ones but I have no idea how much of a difference it makes.

Also not sure if you're planning on keeping the engine guard or not but for some odd reason reason my guard made using the forwards awkward (don't know if it was the angle or the controls or the guard or what, both came with the bike). You probably won't have an issue, just something to be aware of

Last edited by wyotana; 03-07-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:03 AM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im 6'2 so i don't think reach will be a problem. Right now looking for something that is a need instead of a want. Brake pads. What are your guys opinions on the best pads i found a set of 2 (since i have dual disc) of the EBC HH brake pads on amazon for 75. But heard they make a lot of dust. Lyndall z supposed to not make as much dust but are kinda pricey. JP cycles has there own brand of cintered pads fairly cheap but never heard anything about them. What are your all thoughts. I wanna flush my brakes put new pad and clean the pistons like i saw on a thread in the braking forum. Want this thing to stop better and get rid of mushy feeling.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:18 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Yea not necessarily the reach for you, I took them off mine because they seemed a lil far out for me, I realized how much Im on the highway pegs cruising round the back roads but I like the feel, comfort and control I have while Im in the city traffic on the mids.....works for some and not for others.

Originally Posted by tcarson84
Im 6'2 so i don't think reach will be a problem.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:25 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

yeah i plan on taking the engine guard off just haven't got around too it and i dont have the rubber plugs for holes that will be left behind til i get forwards. Might just leave it on til i get forwards.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:40 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I suggest riding the bike for a season before going to forwards, you might find you like them there and just want highway pegs. keep an eye on your local Craigslist too. I bought some stuff for my bike there,

Old 03-07-2016, 08:43 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Hey T, can you snap a pic of your primary, that'll give us/you an idea of what you'll need to do for forwards.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:51 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

I'll post a pic when i get home I am at work right now.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:38 AM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tcarson84
Im 6'2 so i don't think reach will be a problem. Right now looking for something that is a need instead of a want. Brake pads. What are your guys opinions on the best pads i found a set of 2 (since i have dual disc) of the EBC HH brake pads on amazon for 75. But heard they make a lot of dust. Lyndall z supposed to not make as much dust but are kinda pricey. JP cycles has there own brand of cintered pads fairly cheap but never heard anything about them. What are your all thoughts. I wanna flush my brakes put new pad and clean the pistons like i saw on a thread in the braking forum. Want this thing to stop better and get rid of mushy feeling.
I've been using OEM's for the last few years and haven't been impressed. I actually have a set of lyndall's coming in today. I've also heard Hawks are very nice.

Check this out https://www.hdforums.com/how-tos/a/h...reviews-413588

Old 03-07-2016, 11:38 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

Does anyone know if the stock forward controls off a 07 will fit my 99? Harley website says 06 and up. Aftermarket like kuryakan says 91-16 so a little confused.

Quick Reply: Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL